Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Women Who Make Me Watch Dramas Against My Will: Second Leads and "Bitcas" Edition

I am so glad that as I was deciding to do this list, that there were so many wonderful women that I love that I could produce just as many of these lists for the actresses I would watch anything for, as for the actors.  I thought I would start with the ones that I fell in love with as they played the second female leads, the bitcas, if you will.  I love girls who play strong women, who play jerks, or even crazies, and are still so lovable and even the best thing ever.


They have such acting chops that even if I hate their character, I have to also grudgingly like them because they make them so sympathetic and real all the same.  You hate them, but also hate that you hate them because you love them too.  Or you hate that you love them, since they are being so evil... It all comes down to really loving them because they are awesome and play those evil or annoying roles like a boss.  So here are some of my favorite bad girls, who aren't your sweet young things, although they could play them like a boss too, because they are amazing.


Yoo In Young

I call her "Crazy Noona" for her role in Mask where she was the best, makjang noona who was literally crazy.  I loved her, even when she was basically murdering people with her insanity.  She has a way of making even legitimately crazy people lovable and sympathetic.  I literally got my hair cut in the same style as hers on Mask, because she's my favorite.  It turned out awesome, so no regrets.


I would legitimately love to see her as a female lead, because she is my favorite, and she is beautiful, and she can act so good, but I am worried that she'll keep playing the crazies, because who else could rock them like she can?  She makes me love her even when her character is despicable.  Bravo!


Wang Ji Hye

I loved her so much in Protect the Boss, as the petty first love of both male leads, with her delusions of grandeur and unrealistic look on life.  I loved her daydreams and her goofy moments.  I shipped her and Kitty so hard.  So hard that I wanted her to be a lead right away.  I found she was a lead, in the makjang fest known as Bachelor's Vegetable Store.  Alas, it was so bad that I couldn't finish it.  I probably could now, but it's been so long I don't remember where I left off...


But even if I know she's going to be evil and practically a murderer (like in Birth of a Beauty), I am willing to watch her every time, because I just love her.


Uee

I never thought about it much, but I guess I do love Uee.  I just end up watching all of her dramas.  I love how versatile she can be, but especially how she can pull those faces when she does play the bitca.


Even her lead roles have her playing the strong women more often than not.  The single moms with a chip on the shoulder, like in Ho Goo's Love, or the chaebols that are done with that shiz, like in High Society.  Am I watching Manhole partially for her too?  Yes, yes I am.


Moon Chae Won

I have just always loved Moon Chae Won and I will probably continue to watch everything for her.  I think she's super pretty and super classy, but she can also be not.  Whether as the cool little sister in My Fair Lady or the doctor who people don't treat as a girl (Good Doctor), she is great.


She was one of the reasons I braved the hot mess that Innocent Man was.  That's right, I dealt with double amnesia for you!  I just automatically consider anything she is in, because she's awesome!


Yoo In Na

She's either a best friend or a bitca, but in either scenario she is classy.  I love that she takes on roles she know will stretch her too, such as the frumpy one in One More Happy Ending.


Seeing her pull off that hair made me decide to watch this one.  I also definitely watched My Secret Hotel just to see her in a lead again, because Queen In Hyun's Man was definitely not enough.  I was also left wanting WAY more Reaper and Sunny in Goblin (the couple who actually mattered, IMO).  She makes every role fun and memorable.  I don't think I could hate her if I tried... but why would I try?


Jung Ryeo Won

Woman crush every day.  She is the best.  I don't even know what to say about her because I just love her so. much.  I first came to love her in Sam Soon where I wanted to hate her, but literally could not, because she was so mature about everything, even though she wasn't but was all the same.  Also, why not just ship her with Daniel Henney?


Everything I've ever seen her in ever since I have just loved her, even when I didn't love Bubblegum, I loved her.  With any of the guys in Bubblegum, because I love her....  Also, just watch King of Dramas or History of a Salaryman, because she is awesome in both.


Kim Ji Won

As the only person I liked in Heirs, BECAUSE she was an evil jerk, I had to include her on this list.  I kept an eye out for her next dramas, even though I later realized she was one of the less likable characters in What's Up, it's fine.  I still love her.


She definitely was the deciding factor for me to watch Descendants of the Sun (as if the other reasons weren't enough, but honestly they weren't) and once again her love story was the one I cared about.  I just wanted my soldier babies to be together!


I love how different she can make every character she plays.  She's got some mad skills there.  With a z?  Skillz?  Um.... skills.


Lim Ju Eun

Speaking of someone I LOVED in What's Up, Lim Ju Eun is awesome.  I love how she can play such crazy, evil, or even just awkward and adorable roles.  Like all the roles!  I really wish she would get more role and not just evil roles, but even if she keeps playing evil, I probably will keep watching her.  She got me through Uncontrollably Boring with her bag of crazy, so liked that part of it.  She's in a lot of shows with Lim Ju Hwan, isn't she?


Although I haven't braved Good Thief Bad Thief yet, I have been tempted many times.  I'm not sure about other people in the cast (just Seohyun) or the length of it (it's 50 episodes!) so maybe....?


Lee Si Young

My bad-a girl.  I just want her to be in all the action dramas, because she takes action to the right level!  I was so excited that she was going to be in My Beautiful Bride, but after the initial introduction, where she is beating people with lighted candle- literally flaming fists- she is completely wasted the rest of the show.  Not that I mind focusing on Beautiful Banker, but they wasted my girl's skills.


The best part of Lookout was her on the motorcycle, clinging to the sides of cars, beating people up and being the "meathead" of the piece.  I loved it.  Only wished it could have stayed strong until the end.  Sigh.  I was also really disappointed in how they wasted her in Golden Cross.  Barely any action at all... not even a good love line.  Really I'm impressed with how she can make even her wasted characters good.  She was pretty annoying in Playful Kiss, because that is a horrible show, but I couldn't hate her.  I was ready from even then to watch her in anything and everything.  She gave even that character depth.  She's awesome.  I love her.


Jung Yoo Jin

Honestly, I don't even quite know why I love Yoo Jin so much.  I just think she's classy and cool.  I loved her character in Heard It Through the Grapevine, and I was worried I wouldn't.  There were enough evil people in that one with all the parent interference, but I really ended up liking her.  I think it's the awkward yet classy way she carries herself.  I definitely watched Boorim School and Because It's the First Time because of her, in part.


I wish she would get more roles, she usually raises the class of the crappy shows she's in, and contributes to the class of other shows.  I'd like to see her grow more and get more experience.  She has good potential.


These are only some of the actresses I love.  I could keep even this edition on the list going.  I'm so excited this list is just one of many.  My original list, before I broke it down in to editions, was super long, and that made me super happy.  Because these ladies deserve as many lists as all the men do, so there!  So stay tuned for the following editions, because there are more awesome women to come!