Wednesday, January 8, 2014

65. My Lovely Kim Sam Soon 내 이름은 김삼순 (2005) Korean

Kin Sun Ah, Hyun Bin, Jung Ryu Won, Daniel Henney

Drama Rating: 7/10     Neck Score: B+

Hyun Bin's almost mullet ruined that lovely neck (grouchy face).  This is also one of those ones I put off because of pressure to watch it.  Because of that I probably didn't appreciate some things because they were not novelties or new to me, because I had already watched about 64 dramas already.  This is a classic, groundbreaking drama, that changed the industry for the better, but I might tend to forget that somewhat, however, I still loved it.  I also probably appreciated somethings more because I understood more, so it's a toss up which is better.  But Hyun Bin's hair is silly.  It's 2005, when bad hair was a thing.  Anyways, Sam Soon is a pudgy regular girl who is also an amazing baker.  Hyun Bin owns a restaurant and hires her.  He also had a girlfriend who dumped him but comes back, with her hot American friend Daniel Henney.  Wow that man is attractive... and really bad at Korean.  That's ok, we'll just look at him and deal with his English.  Also marble mouth Hyun Bin is just as bad at English as Daniel Henney is at Korean, so that's funny.  Anyways, this show is hilarious.  I love the running joke of her trying to change her name and him hiring people to rip up the form so she can't.  It's so good.  Loved this show, so appreciate it lots when you watch it, because it's awesome.  Also forgive the hair because it's old.  That was a thing then.