Wednesday, January 8, 2014

60. The Heirs 왕관을 쓰려는 자, 그 무게를 견뎌라 – 상속자들 (2013) Korean

Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bim, Choi Jin Hyuk, Kang Min Hyuk, Kim Ji Won, Krystal Jung

Drama Rating: 5/10     Neck Score: A


The most over hyped drama of all time.  Supposed to be the next Boys Over Flowers.  Well... I guess it was similar.  Only I thought it was a bit more tolerable, but maybe that was because of Kim Woo Bin.  Even when he was being a complete bully bad boy, with no seeming redeeming qualities, man I was so attracted to him.  Yes, this show has lots of eye candy, but it's also ridiculous and stupid, and overly dramatic.  Hated the main characters.  Loved the side characters.  Seriously, Lee Min Ho was a creeper stalker overbearing type.  Park Shin Hye was the same character she always plays.  Kim Woo Bin... hot, sexy, funny bad boy that I shouldn't like but did.  Choi Jin Hyuk, sexy but not in it enough to justify anything.  Kang Min Hyuk... the one who tipped the scale and made me actually give in and watch it... was adorable.  Like always he was the best.  He and Krystal are like the best high school couple ever.  They made the show (along with Woo Bin's sexiness).  So... Lee Min Ho... not passable as a high schooler and wore the worst sweaters ever.  Those turtlenecks made me want to scream and the pink fluffy thing.... no.  Also, his character was dumb.  No sympathy for him at all.  But I did also love the momance between the two moms.  Lee Min Ho's mistress mom and Park Shin Hye's dumb (as in can't speak) housekeeper mom.  They had such a great love/hate relationship.  It could have been worse, but it dragged on and was boring and I already knew that she wouldn't end up with Kim Woo Bin like I really didn't want her to because I wanted him for myself.  It's tolerable, and having watched it has made it possible to make fun of it and get all the references to it in later dramas (like the one in Love From Another Star that had me waking my roomies up because of my laughter).  Don't regret it, but didn't love it.