Saturday, January 11, 2014

114. My Secret Hotel 마이 시크릿 호텔 (2014) Korean

Yoo In Ah, Jin Lee Han, Nam Goong Min, Lee Young Eun

Drama Rating: 5/10     Neck Score: A

Well, things went a little bit cray cray.  I admit it took a while for me to get into it... to the love story, not the murder mystery part.  I liked that part, but I felt like it didn't get enough screen time.  And it didn't.  Overall it was a likable drama, but just very sloppily put together.  Especially the love story, which they dragged out way too long, making us so frustrated and hating on the main girl because we thought it was all her fault, and then only finding things out until the last minute.  There was way not enough payoff at the end... sad day.  But one thing that this show had a good amount of was beautiful clothing.  Boy, was everyone dressed super well!  I wrote a whole post about it, I was so in love with everyone's fashion!  Especially the main dude's best friend, who wore the best suits and also happened to be the handsomest man in the show.  So really, it was just badly written, but the main writer died after only writing like 4 episodes... so it wasn't going to reach it's full potential anyways.  I still liked it, but it was frustrating as all get out with how much they withheld and made everyone so wishy washy and flip floppy, not giving us quite enough hints in some aspects.  I am proud to say that I called almost every one of the twists before it happened (even if it was only moments before with some of them... in the last episode which is way too late to reveal things... but anyways) so, ta da!  Pat myself on the back.  I did like the whole murder mystery theme.  I wish that it had been more prominent in the show.