Saturday, January 4, 2014

6. Protect the Boss 보스를 지켜라 (2011) Korean

Ji Sung, Choi Gang Hee, Kim Jaejoong

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A+

I actually tried to watch this one before You're Beautiful, however the first 5 minutes reminded me too much of Boys Over Flowers (the whole delinquent girl beating up all the boys and a guy with weird hair) that I couldn't bring myself to watch it.  Then I gave it another go after a while and it proved to be awesome.  The best part of this show is that it doesn't take itself seriously, and even makes fun of it's genre- business/chaebol drama.  Even the evil parents find themselves unable to be evil in the face of the all powerful grandma.  Also it's got two delightful men in it.  Ji Sung is a great actor and quite handsome, and Kitty (Kim Jaejoong) suddenly replaced everyone in my heart.  It didn't hurt that while I was watching this I also happened to stumble on JYJ/DBSK.  The bromance between this two cousins (Ji Sung and Jaejoong) is way better than any of the romance, which is way good.  Love the "girl" fights they have when they finally get down to it.