Sunday, January 5, 2014

45. What's Up? 왓츠 업 (2011) Korean

Lim Ju Hwan, Daesung, Lim Ju Eun, Oh Man Seok, Kim Mi Kyung,  Jang Hee Jin, Kim Ji Won, Jo Jung Suk, Lee Soo Hyuk

Drama Rating: 5/10     Neck Score: A

I should actually finish this one before I write a review.  It's not like I didn't like it... I just didn't love it and got distracted by something else, and then forgot about it.  I do want to finish it though... because Daesung and Lee Soo Hyuk... also Jo Jung Suk.  They were the reasons I started (well Lee Soo Hyuk was a bonus since I only knew him from the 2ne1 music video "It Hurts")  I remember thinking the main dude was annoying through...  That might have been a problem.  I have like 6 episodes left I think, so we'll see how this gets updated.... Ok, I finally finished it, and it wasn't so bad.  I actually don't know why I stopped watching, besides getting distracted with other shows.  In all honesty it's really hard to care about shows that center around musicals (just look at my reaction to Heartstrings).  They just don't do it for me.  I just don't care.  So this one... not that compelling to me.  The only things that were compelling to me were the men that I loved (Daesung, Jo Jung Suk, and Lee Soo Hyuk).  I loved the music in it, which is something.  Every time that Daesung or Jung Suk's voice came on I got happier about watching it.  That one girl was annoying, the one that Lim Ju Hwan liked, because she was such a naive and incompetent little kid, but she became less important.  I though Ju Hwan was annoying at first when he was being an angry young man, but he got over it and became likeable.  I didn't think that Daesung was in it enough.  The ending was really open, which was what they were going for, so no worries.  I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either.  The singing and stuff was well done because it was rarely an actual performance and it usually was integrated into the story well to make it more emotional.  For a musical show it was actually quite good, I guess.