Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Women Who Make Me Watch Dramas Against My Will: Goddess Edition

Time for another collection of lovely ladies.  This time I grouped them by the category "Goddess."  You know when your actress just has it all and they are so awesome that this might be the only appropriate way to refer to them?  They are gorgeous, great at acting, and full of personality.  I could probably put all my ladies on this list, but the purpose of these groups was to create decent sized posts.


These are the women who the first thing you think of when trying to describe them is: She's a freaking goddess.  Hashtag woman crush for days.


Shin Min Ah

Shin Min Ah is my first K-Drama woman crush, because she was the star of my first drama, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho.  I love how she was innocent, real, and sexy all at the same time.  How many people can pull off being a meat crazy fox who is both cute and scary?  Also, she did it with the minimalistic crazy hair, little white dress with bare feet almost the whole time.  I knew then that I would pretty much watch anything for her.


Even her in a fat suit for Oh My Venus, which was awkward, or the awkward but good Tomorrow With You, where there was so much confusion and sloppy realness of being in a fake but real relationship.  I love how tall and graceful she is.  I love her expressions, and I love love love her dimples.


Lee Ha Nui

I love everything about Honey Lee.  Even when she's the villain, she steals the show.  I remember as Curdy and I were watching Shine or Go Crazy, we were just talking about her the whole time, and how freaking beautiful she was in those Goryeo dresses.  I'm automatically ready to watch something that has my bae in it.  She's just classy and awesome and gorgeous.  I love how she not afraid to do anything either.  Including play a farming ahjumma baby sitting a bunch of failed idols.


Of course she looks classy af in those ahjumma pants too.  She has a way of making even her evilest characters so sympathetic.  I could listen to her honey smooth voice for days too.  I am always down to watch her dramas.  Always.


Jeon Ji Hyun

This is like a no brainer.  Jeon Ji Hyun is the definition of a goddess.  She always makes me watch the show, even if I don't like the other actors or plot.  I just have to watch the show, because she is great.  So I watched Legend of the Blue Sea and probably all the rest of her movies, etc. eventually.


What I love most about her is.... everything?  She's just good at what she does.  The show would have been a lot worse if she hadn't played that mermaid, pulling off the naivety and wisdom and love that the character required.  It would have sucked without her, so that just shows why I will consistently keep watching whatever just for her.


Kim Ha Neul

I watched You Are My Pet twice.  I don't even know why, but at least the first time was for her, because I love her.


I love how she pulls off classy and awkward at the same time.  I also love her expressions and how well she shows emotions on her face.  She's great.


Gong Hyo Jin

I can't say I've watched everything Gong Hyo Jin has been in, because she's been acting for a long time, but I have watched most of her later stuff, because she is awesome and I love her.


She can pull off some of the weirdest hair and styles, and believe me she has.  I swear she has the worst or weirdest styles of clothes in most of her dramas, but she manages to pull through because she is a classy boss.  I especially love it when she plays strong or even headstrong women, because she rocks them.  Well, she rocks anything she does.  She's amazing.


Lee Min Jung

I haven't even watched that much with her in it.  I just love her.  I think she's super gorgeous, and I love how expressive her face is.

Her face is like: "haha, you're an idiot."

I could only remember Big and Cunning Single Lady (which were some of the worst ones) but I just realized I've watched way more than I remember, and haven't really regretted anything, although some of it has been less than stellar (but she did steal the show in Boys Over Flowers).  It's fine, because I love her so... worth it.


Kang So Ra

I got second lead syndrome for this girl so bad in Doctor Stranger, and it's easy to see why.  She's amazing.  Then I proceeding to watch a lot more for her, mostly awesome stuff.  Although Warm and Cozy.... yeah.  But she was awesome in it.


Once again, she's gorgeous, talented, and classy.  I love how she rocks whatever she does.  I love her expressive face and her deep voice, and her smile is just adorable.  I pretty much would just love to be friends with her in real life, but I also have a major woman crush on her, so she must be in the goddess category.


Han Ye Seul

I don't care if Han Ye Seul is maybe not the best actor, I love her.  She puts everything into her roles, no matter how silly they are.


I feel like I've mostly just watched silly ones for her, but she rocks them.  I love a goddess who can be awesome and ridiculous.


Lee Yoon Ji

I loved her as the little sister in King 2 Hearts.  She and Jo Jung Suk broke my heart.  They were so good.  Then she kept popping up in other shows being classy and great, so when I saw she was one of the ex-girlfriends in Ex-Girlfriend's Club, I wanted to watch it even more.  It wasn't great, but she was great in it.


I loved her cameo in Revolutionary Love, and I super love following her on Instagram.  Her baby is so cute.  She's a goddess as a mom too.  Woot.


Choi Ji Woo

It's the complete truth that Choi Ji Woo made me watch Seven First Kisses.  The six seven hot dudes that followed were naturally a big part of it too, but she was the star in my mind, especially from the moment where she winked:


She is just so cute and classy!  I finally realized it too, and now I'm going to go back and watch all those shows I missed because I didn't know how awesome she was until lately, when she made me love her in Twenty Again and Like for Likes (tears for my ahjussi who made the other half of my favorite couple in that).


Lee El

I totally meant to put her on the 2nd lead/bitca's list, but somehow missed it.  But she works well on this list as well, because she is a freaking goddess.  She even played a goddess in Goblin and it was totes appropriate.


She's a goddess when she's evil, when she's mysterious, and especially even when she's having to put up with crap in a show as horrible as Monster, which I dropped, but I tried to stick with it for her.  She out classed the world in that one.  She was my "kind-of" second lead syndrome, except it was creepy how she went from being a big noona to looking way younger than him, so why did she even like him?  Also, she deserves way better than having a crush on that lead.  I just shipped her awesomeness.  Although her little side-kick guy was hot and I kind of shipped them...


I love these women, and would watch pretty much anything for them.  The good, the bad... hopefully more good, but regardless I will still watch it, because that's the power these ladies have over me.  Plus, they are bound to make it better just with their amazing presence.  Stay tuned for the next list of ladies I love, or catch up on the Second Leads and "Bitcas" list.