Saturday, January 11, 2014

112. King of Dramas 드라마의 제왕 (2012-2013) Korean

Kim Myung Min, Jung Ryeo Won, Choi Siwon, Oh Ji Eun

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A

This show was so great up until the last two episodes, and then it was just eh.  Not as bad as some, but I just didn't really pay attention to the last two because I had been informed that they were pretty lame.  It's a drama about people making a drama, so it's very behind the scenes and very, very meta.  Seriously makes fun of the industry at all levels.  I am so glad that I waited to watch this until after I was well seasoned, because I am sure that it was much funnier to me because of that.  Best part- Siwon!!!!  Seriously.  Siwon is a bias crusher.  He played his part so well.  He's like the younger version Doko Jin (Cha Seung Won's character in Greatest Love) and I loved every moment that he was on screen.  So funny, so perfect, and when he got his hair cut, so drastically handsome too.  I also loved PD Joo.  We probably shouted "PD Joo!" every time that guy came on screen.  Loved him, he was so cute.  Didn't love the turtlenecks that he kept on wearing though.  I think pretty much all the good people were awesome and amazing.  Lee Go Eun was awesome.  She was one of the best female leads ever.  Especially once she could read Anthony Kim.  Perfect.  I will admit that this drama gave me some serious anxiety, because it was chiefly about a writer, and every time they pulled crap on her and messed with her writing I would get so angry.  Grr.  The villains of the piece were super hateful most of the time.  So glad we got past them.  So basically, it was an awesome show and then the last two episodes were like eh, way sloppier than the rest of the show.  Mostly the very last episode.  I don't think it needed to be extended at all, but whatever.  It was pretty cleverly written before that, and having watched the kind of crap that drama writers have to go through, I might be a little more merciful... for a while.