Sunday, April 17, 2016

195. Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예 (2016) Korean

Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Ji Won, Jin Goo

Drama Rating: 7/10     Neck Score: A+


Was it over-hyped?  Yes.  Was it still worth it?  Yes.  It wasn't brilliantly written by any means, but it did bring out the feels.  It was also probably one of the best romances and definitely the best bromances by this writer.  The Song couple had plenty chemistry.  I liked their feisty bantering and teasing.  I did think that her worries dragged on a little too much, even if they were understandable, but at least the show never did get to the point where I hated it ever.  That one episode was really boring... you know, episode 15, but it still had enough good parts to make it not worthless.  Maybe because all the actors were good enough to make the cheesy lines they pulled less sucky.  I liked all the relationships too.  I think the bromance held it together the most, but then all the other romantic relationships were great too.  The army couple, Seo and Yoon were maybe more compelling for me because they were more angsty while the Song couple was more sexy.  But my personal OTP was the doctor-nurse couple.  I heart them the most.  Now to talk about the ending... o-mo.  It was so cheesy that I thought I was going to die laughing.  It almost ruined it for me, because... yeah.  And it was completely pre-produced and it still had a lame ending?  What the heck!?!  I liked everything else about pre-production, though.  Good times.  But the show was if not well written, completely enjoyable to watch.  It was certainly super over dramatic at times.  I mean, right when something gets fixed then something else dramatic happens.  Natural disasters, secret black ops missions, etc.  It was very dramatic.  But at least it was rarely boring and, while ridiculous, you felt the feels.  So I liked it.  Plenty of beautiful "pigeons" to look at.  Mmmmm.