Thursday, December 7, 2017

Women Who Make Me Watch Dramas Against My Will: Tiny Edition

With several of my current favorite dramas ended or ending, I felt the need to show some love to some of my favorite actresses again with another list of women who make me watch dramas against my will, especially since some of them were starring in those ending shows.


This time the loose theme linking them all together is "tiny" because while these women are giants in their acting abilities and awesomeness, sometimes their size, age, or cuteness makes you want to just put them in your pocket and take them home.  I mean that in the best possible way.  I love these women and though they be little they are fierce and can hold their own on screen, and they deserve some love and respect.


Jung So Min

I have to laugh when I go back and look at some of my previous reviews of Jung So Min's dramas, like Can We Get Married?, where I was still struggling with her because while I didn't hate her, she still wasn't playing characters that I loved.  It's hard to love the lead in Playful Kiss, she is obsessive and a bit annoying.


However, Jung So Min is amazing and played her so well that I could never hate her, and would come back to her again and again because I wanted to like her, because I already did, I just wanted her to play a role where I could openly love her.  She was one of my first leading ladies, so my love for her has taken a while to grow and blossom openly, but her wonderfulness made it happen anyway.  And maybe she isn't really tiny, but she does get a lot of tall leading men and she rocks the little but tough roles.  I feel like loving the character or not, I will have respect for her as an actress.


Jang Na Ra

The queen of the ugly cry, she makes me feel the emotions that most actors can't quite manage to extract from me.  I'm not a cry at everything person (although I do get sad and almost cry) but she makes me ball like a baby with her ugly cry.  She is versatile and spunky and I'll probably believe her in whatever role she gets from "post-it note" girl to stalker-fan girl cop.  I even watched Baby-Faced Beauty, which was a horrible show, for her and didn't regret it... all the time.


I just regretted the time I wasted watching when she wasn't on the screen.  But I would still watch anything for her, because she is awesome.


Kim So Eun

Sometimes I don't even know why I like someone as much as I do.  I started liking Kim So Eun because she was my favorite couple in Boys Over Flowers.  I would be so done with the show every episode, and I would not want to watch the next episode, and then the previews would come on and they would show Kim Bum showing up and bothering Kim So Eun for some lame excuse of helping the stupid leads, and I would get excited and watch the next episode.  They literally made me finish the show.


I love how cute she is, with her soft eyes and lowish smooth voice.  She is just the cutest.  So when I saw she was in this webdrama, Falling for Challenge, with Xiumin fro Exo, I had to watch it.  It was weird and cheesy, but I liked her, and I will continue to like her, even if it means watching Thumping Spike 2 (still haven't braved that one yet) or even Our Gap Soon (nope).  But she makes me want to, because she's so great.


Park Bo Young

Ok, I honestly don't think I've watched anything with Park Bo Young in it against my will, but I would watch all the things for her, so it's not a stretch to have her on this list at all.  She is pretty amazing.  Seeing her play opposite roles, like in Oh My Ghostess where she had to be the girl and the ghost inside, has affirmed that she is a great actress.


Plus she's the definition of a tiny giant.  She may be button sized, but she fills the room with her greatness, plus she is just beautiful and fun.


Park So Dam

I literally watched Because It's the First Time because I saw a preview and I said: "that girl is cute, I want to see her in this."  I loved her in it.  That show gave me stress.  It was actually pretty good, but I was going to freak out if it hadn't turned out the way that it did.


So when she was going to be in Cinderella and the Four Knights, I had to watch it even though it sounded terrible.  It was terrible, but she was great, and it was entertaining.  I love her and I will keep watching everything for her, it's fine.


Wang Zi Wen

I absolutely adore Wang Zi Wen!  From seeing her in When a Snail Falls in Love and then in Ode to Joy where her characters were completely different and both completely fantastic, I was just a goner.  In some ways I feel like both characters were like my spirit animal and I would just watch any and everything for her, no contest.


She is capable of anything.  Even as a tiny person, she has the presence that just grabs your attention.  Charisma.  I loved Xiao Qu so much.  I basically only watched that one because of her, although I really did love everyone.  But yeah.  I love Wang Zi Wen.


Go Ah Sung

When watching Heard It Through the Grapevine, I was super impressed with Go Ah Sung, and I've just continued being super impressed with her ever since.  From her delightfully awkward role in Radiant Office to her earlier performance in The Host, where I loved her so much as the daughter who was probably more mature than the rest of her family at the start.


Even though she is not like super tiny, and though she usually plays characters way mature for their young age, she still has this tiny and cute style about her.  She's like mature cute, like the smart kind of mature.  Haha, apparently I have a hard time describing it.  I just like her and am always interested in her projects.


Park Min Young

Park Min Young isn't really tiny, or young for that matter any more.  But she must really always be paired with tall leading men, because she always seems so tiny.  She also has a cute and playful style, that I felt like she fit well on this list.  I love her, and the more she acts the more impressed with her I become.  I'm definitely still watching Queen for Seven Days for her.  She's literally the only person I still like 100%.  (I'm struggling a bit with that show, but I'm back to liking it again).


I like her dedication and her smile is just the most adorable thing ever.  I'm always impressed with her characters differences and depths.  She's just great.  Always worth watching.


Kim Yoo Jung

Of all the baby actresses (as in that group of teenagers they keep trying to push into being older but they're still too young), I think Kim Yoo Jung is my favorite.  I love how sassy she is, on screen and in real life.  I love the roles she usually gets to play.  Those funny, punk girls.  Or the sassy Love Cell (only watch the first one, the other one is silly).


I think I might like her best in Because I Love You, because she could be a lead without being forced into an older/oversexualized role.  Plus, her friends chemistry with Cha Tae Hyun is excellent (stop making these teenagers play romantic leads in anything but a high school romance!).  So, yeah.  I love her, and I will continue to let her grow up at the right pace, because she is good the way she is.


Okay... I don't know how to finish this post.... these tiny ladies are the best.  Catch up on the other lists of Women Who Make Me Watch Dramas Against My Will with the Bitca or Goddess editions, and stay tuned for more!