Sunday, November 15, 2015

180. Love Cells 1&2 연애세포 (2014 & 2015) Korean

Kim Yoo Jung, Park Sun Ho, Nam Ji Hyun, Baek Sung Hyun, Im Seul Ong, Jo Bo Ah, Park Eun Ji, Choi Young Min

Drama Rating: 7(4)/10     Neck Score: A

I was bored one day, so I decided to watch Love Cells 2.  Don't ask me why I watched the second season before watching the first, I was probably just too late to search for the first one while the second one was right there in my suggestions feed.  It might be a good thing because it was so much inferior to the first season that had I watched the first I might have been doubly disappointed.  It was just boring.  The only thing good about it was Kim Yoo Jung and Im Seul Ong fighting and him distracting her with a laser pointer.  The rest was just over-the-top and not in a good way.  Then I watched the first one and I finally realize why everyone loved it so much.  It's hilarious and full of interesting plot twists.  It also made so much more sense with her having magic tools (awesomely advertised by Park Joon Hyung) to help him and there being the awesome Kim Woo Bin cameo as the King of Romance/Love Cell Hunter.  Also, Jang Hyuk cameo.  That man is amazing.  So much good acting with no lines.  It was over-the-top and in a good way.  It was hilarious.  It also left us surprised and in a good way.  Not so predictable.  So I highly recommend the first season and not the second one.  Unless you really loved the first and want more Navi.  Just know, it's highly inferior.