Thursday, August 31, 2017

K-Con Concert Day: Trip Day Three

The day that we're all waiting for, Saturday, the day that we'd go to all our artist engagements and eventually the concert.  We would have loved to have gone to both concert days, but that was a lot of money for groups that we had less investment in.  We're not made of money.


We like those groups, but we LOVE Vixx and Super Junior.  Let's be honest, I also love Girl's Day.  So it worked out that they were all going to be a part of the Saturday Concert.  We had to prepare well, because this day was going to be an all day thing.


It started earlier than all the other days.  We got to our original favorite parking place, this sketchy place under the freeway that cost $10 for a whole day.  It wasn't the cheapest, but at least it wasn't crowded.  It wasn't too far of a walk either, just around the block.

Once again, we missed the door opening crowd, and got there just a little after.  The first order of business was to once again meet up with our traders, because we decided that all of us getting Red Carpet tickets was the best way to see more of Super Junior D&E, since they didn't have any other artist engagement.  This time, with no other trade goods, Lizabreff and Curdy had to just straight up buy them.  I don't think they regretted the $30 or the $35 spent on those Red Carpet Tickets.

So while waiting to meet up with the peeps who had the goods, we had fun walking through the Expo again, taking more pictures to get more free stuff.  The CJE&M complex had like a ten stamp process to get a free pen.  We never got all of them, but at least we had fun doing them.  Anytime I can hold Lim Ju Hwan's hand is a good time, right? (I didn't even watch that show, shrugs).



Our biggest focus was that we wanted to have a good spot for the Vixx Meet and Greet, so we lined up good and early for that.  We met some awesome people in line- they were all Vixx fans, so of course they were awesome.


We basically waited through the whole Girl's Day Meet and Greet.  I wonder if I could have gone to that, would they have just let me stay for the next one?  Probably not.  Sad.  I wanted to go to theirs too.  Sniff.


We worked hard to get this!  And it was so worth it!

It was so great to just be in the same room and they were tall so we could see them so well, even behind the sea of Hi-Touchers.


The best part is that they did the game where they rolled the die and then they had to do the action associated with that number... and of course 3 of them got aegyo right off.


Haha, Hongbin's embarrassment.


N's Random Dance


Ken did the Sexy Dance- yes!


And Hyuk did Ravi's part.



Back to the expo.  We found another place gave us little mini masks to put on our hands so we could experience how good they felt.  Definitely worth the Instagram following for this one, because this cute little mask did feel so good.


We also found a booth that was doing henna for $10, which included a free sample of the facial product and a ticket in the raffle for Sunday concert tickets.  We couldn't resist.  I had always wanted to try henna out, and naturally I had to be K-nerdy and represent my ultimate bias- G-Dragon:


Then we went out for a late lunch.  This time we all ended up getting Jjajjangbap, which was decent.  It wasn't life changing.  In fact I've made better, and even gotten frozen packs that were better.  It was probably just lacking in meat mostly.  Also, it wasn't a lot for the $10 we paid for it.


The street food that I probably regretted the least was this bubble waffle ice cream.  It was also around $10, but it tasted really good, and was fun to eat.  Sadly, I had to eat it really fast because we were going to be late for the red carpet.


We made it in time, we just had no chance of getting super close, and that was ok.  We'd still be in the same room as them.


One of the funnest parts of the Red Carpet was watching the sea of phones come up for the picture moments.  There was this one tall white guy who just stood there, right in front of us, with his K-Con bag, emotionless the whole time.  But when those girl groups came out, boy did his phone come out, snapping those pictures.




That's right, you go freak out over your Donghae.  It's fine.



Ravi's little smirk!  Leo spacing out!

I tried to look through the pictures Lizabreff and Curdy took, but Curdy's were all of JUST Hongbin, so that didn't work out... but since I took some of just Leo and Ravi, I'm not judging... haha.


I did try to take good pictures of Seventeen and SF9, but they all turned out crappy, because the groups were too big to all fit on the camera, and people were freaking out and getting in my way  So, that's why.  I don't hate them.  I love them too.

We also were in danger of getting in trouble if we filmed it.  Curdy got a warning even.  Scary?


After the red carpet and another round at the expo where I bought some cute jewelry, we were tired, and rightly so.  It had already been a long day and we already screamed our lungs out.  We tried to take a break in the hall, but they were kicking people out of the convention center like it was their business.  It was, really.

I love the candidness of this one.  We were tired.  To bad we had to leave.

We wanted to just relax somewhere, since we have seats, but as we were kicked out, we went to just get in line.  That took up all the time.  Luckily we had one pocket bags, so we got to go in the regular line instead of the extra bag checking line.  Whew.  We can sit in our seats.  That's why we bought P2, because we're too old to be standing in a pit or up in the nose bleeds.  And our view of the stage made it totally worth it.





The pre-show was great.  They had some YouTube stars, such as JunCurryAhn and KRNFX perform and get us pumped up.  We would have already been pumped up, but they were great.



Ok, I might have only filmed KRNFX, but I really like beat boxing.  This is someone else's fan cam of JunCurryAhn, who was awesome too.


Then the show started and I immediately died, because the first thing that came on was Leo and Minah singing City of Stars.  Once again, this is not my fancam, but someone else's, because I was freaking out so much mine looked like crap.  But this perfectly shows my experience as the concert started, especially the part at about 2:15 when the camera starts shaking as everyone freaks out realizing that Leo is popping up, playing a piano.



It was all screams and dancing from then on.  I was so stoked the entire time.  Usually I am a smart screamer, saving my voice, etc.  But I literally lost my voice for a week after this night.  I let all restraint go with that.

They had all the groups come out and welcomed them to the stage.


I loved how respectful everyone was when Super Junior D&E came out.  Also, how crazy we all screamed when they did.  It was awesome!





Here are some of the highlights through my fan cam and the much better quality M-Net versions.


This little Subgroup of Seventeen, that was pretty cool.  (My ignorance of some of these groups is going to start to show).


Sadly, it's just a fact that most of the time we were looking at the backs of the dance.  Although most of them did switch sides to face us either halfway through a song, or every other song.

I kind of freaked out when Girl's Day came on, and I totally danced along because I happened to know all three of the songs in their set- complete dances included.  They just had to pick my favorite songs, didn't they?

I'll Be Yours


Something



Ring My Bell



Then Super Junior D&E came on.  Do we even have the power to scream that much?


Only we don't want to miss anything, so we don't just scream.  We also dance and sing with them.


Omo, did Donghae and Eunhyuk know how to work a crowd.  I don't know if I've ever screamed "Oppa!" that loud ever.


This post is getting too long.... but is it?  I remember filming a lot more than I did, but I was woefully running out of batteries.  But luckily, I was able to find this lovely tribute by the rookie groups as they do I Need U and Sorry, Sorry.  I loved it.


I had to save batteries for Vixx.... my voice is sounding like crap by now, but I'm still screaming in full force.  Especially when this intro comes on.


So good!  Do I even have a voice left?  We represented the Starlights by screaming out lungs out, especially with all that sexy dancing.  Then they outdid themselves in the sexy by doing Blackout next.  Those leg slides!  The hip swivels!


I was trying to only do clips, but I ended up doing all of Fantasy, because I love it.


Then they take time to play the "pinata game" or a special random treat besides just their songs.  We got picture time with them, where they walked around the edge of the stage and posed cutely for us to take much pictures of them.

Haha, Ken's butt.



Then last, but not least, was Seventeen.  I'm not as familiar with their stuff, but I might have to become a fan of them now, because they were great.



And here is my fancam stuff.


They also had a "pinata game" where they did some random dancing stuff, which was fun.



There was a moment of pure jealousy at one point when the P1 section right next to us got the privilege of N and Hongbin doing some MCing right in the middle of it, so close!  They were so close they could have touched them!  I was super jealous.  If only I wasn't so cheap.  Blast.

Then, they all came out, and with much confetti, we got to see them all again, and take more pictures, and see them interact a bit, and wave, and it was great, and we wanted more, but we were all hoarse anyway, and it was a long but wonderful day.


I know those are blurry, but I love the confetti part.  It was a party.  I also realized that I was much more biased than I thought I was, because I thought I had taken at least one picture and video of each group.....................  I guess not.  Woops.

Leo and a kid from SF9 bowing.




A little Vixx LR love.

Vixx being Vixx.

Yep.  That's Vixx for you.


Donghae went down into the pit a little and took a selca.  Lizabreff: "I bet he lost kai bai bo in the dressing room and that's why he had to do that."


So much love, aw.

and then it was over, and I was sad.

Yeah, that was all Girl's Day, Vixx, and Super Junior D&E.  Oops.  I did really like SF9 and Seventeen.  Cosmic Girls wasn't really my style, but I thought they did a super good job too.  I had a glorious time the entire time, and paid for it for a full week after.  This day basically trashed me.  I lost my voice a bit, and then had a super husky voice for like a week.  Also, whispering was impossible.  But you know what, it was totally worth it.  I earned that week of huskiness with my pure fangirling, and it was awesome, and I would do it again.  Maybe, I would try to treat my voice better, but I would still cheer like there was no tomorrow.  It was basically the best.

Feel free to catch up on our other days: Day 1Day 2Day 4.