Saturday, January 11, 2014

108. Joseon Gunman 조선 총잡이 (2014) Korean

Lee Joon Ki, Nam Sang Mi, Jun Hye Bin, Han Joo Wan, Yoo Oh Sung

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A

I think the thing that I loved most about this one was that it was my period of history, a period very similar to the one I did my senior capstone project on, so it made me really happy and excited.  However, this show was also painful to watch at times, because it was the new era fighting against tradition and it was twice as frustrating to see them fail.  Those torture scenes were extra disturbing when thrown up against the backdrop of the enlightenment, because they were shown as all the more inhumane.  Also it seemed like there was no way they could ever get ahead at times, and things would get super dramatic super quick.  however, Lee Joon Ki.  That says it all.  Lee Joon Ki in a number of awesome outfits.  He was so sexy in his gunman outfit, and so sexy in the western suit in glasses.  He is just a sexy man.  I also liked how it brought up the point that revenge doesn't help you at all, it leaves you feeling empty and hollow and then starts the whole revenge cycle all over again.  So while it was painful to watch, it was still just an awesome show.