Friday, May 11, 2018

306. You Drive Me Crazy! 미치겠다, 너땜에! (2018) Korean

Lee Yoo Young, Kim Sun Ho, Sung Joo, Kwon Doh Woon, Ryoo Hye Rin, Park Hyo Joo

Drama Rating: 9/10     Neck Score: A+

I never know where to put these drama specials.  Are they mini dramas? Or are they TV movies? Oh well, I'll just make it number 304 and have done with it. I had been looking forward to watching this since it got announced because I love Maknae (Kim Sun Ho) and I love Lee Yoo Young. Although I have to admit that I didn't recognize her because her character was so polar opposite from her character in Tunnel. She was the impulsive, outspoken, feisty, and cheerful one. It was also interesting to see Maknae being more of the straight man to her craziness, which he also did superbly. He just has a way of making his characters so real and relatable. His expressions! Ack!

So it's about some best friends who "accidentally" slept together two months ago, and are still avoiding it and pretending it never happened. Basically it is the most angsty, chemistry filled show I've seen in a while. The tension between them was wow. Needing to talk about what happened, not wanting to. How do you cross that line from friend to lover without ruining the relationship? Now that they already have, how do the save their relationship and in what way should it be saved?

One thing I really love about these drama specials is that they are so minimalist. Literally there are only six characters in the whole drama, well, besides extras and bit parts. So that means that they get right to the chase. I love that for a show about a one night stand, it started after that one night stand already happened. That made it about their relationship and not about the sex. We get thrown right into their wonderfully angsty emotions without fully knowing what is going on, or how they feel. But they don't know how they feel either, since they are in full avoidance mode. It was just so good. The kind of romantic tension where you get so excited and tense because you are fully invested in this couple. Oh that tension! You could cut it with a knife. Wooooooooooooooh.

Its great because we get to see them as friends, and how perfectly they get along as friends, so you can see why they are struggling with this change in their relationship. All the different reasons why they might get hung up on something. Not sure of what they want. The impulse verses the long term, etc. It was great because it was relatable AF. All the emotions were like 100% legitimate. I understood them, and I felt it right along with them. Oh the feels! I was giddy with all the feels the ENTIRE TIME! Squee!

There were some minor little things that I might not have liked... ok, the only one was time jump related. Just ignore what they say and pick a more realistic time. It was only two months. Six at the most. Also, the second leads were... less good. But when it's only two hours long, it's not like they get a lot of screen time. But the friends were great and I loved all their screen time.

It is well worth the watch. In fact, I totes want to watch it again. Like, right now because I've written so much about it and it made me miss it, and I want to see it again, and I love my puppies! I just loved it and it is great. In the hall of fame of drama specials, right up there with Page Turner. The type of show where every time someone even mentions the name I get the feels and want to watch it again. It is so good. Seriously, watch it.