Saturday, January 4, 2014

1. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho 내 여자친구는 구미호 (2010) Korean

Lee Seung Gi, Shin Min Ah, No Min Woo

Drama rating: 8/10     Neck score: A+

My first drama, so of course it has a special place in my heart, but it's also a really good drama.  It's hilarious, as is typical for the Hong Sisters, I soon learned, and a good balance of drama and the other necessary evils.  Plus both the leads are super attractive, necks included.  It was a great place to start for me. I especially loved their relationship.  It started out as a butt headed boy conning/helping a mythological creature (a Gumiho- 9 Tailed Fox that eats men's livers to become human) in what seems to be a mutually helpful agreement, even though he's constantly scared she'll eat him and grows in the cutest way.  I love how obsessed with meat she is.  Shin Min Ah is amazing, just saying.  She plays the Gumiho so delightfully sincere.  Loved it.