Sunday, September 30, 2018

319. Still 17 서른이지만 열일곱입니다 (2018) Korean

Shin Hye Sun,Yang Se Jong, Ahn Hyo Seop, Ye Ji Won

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A+

We watched this a little slower pace, but that's just what happens when you are watching with a group and some of them have kids that we have to wait until they are in bed. This my sister and my first virtual KD night, meaning that we watched it together while on a google hangout. We're really good at going "one, two, three, click" and syncing up our videos. It was a worthy endeavor. Now we just need to finish Wok of Love that way.

Anyway, this show was well worth the effort. It was so cute! It left me with all the fluffy happy feelings! It was a very healing drama. It was all about the healing and getting rid of the "what ifs" and self blaming. I loved it. I also loved how everyone was a puppy or muffin. Our nicknames for everyone were puppy related. Happy Puppy/Puppy Chan, Wounded Puppy, Real Puppy, Dr. Muffin... wait that's a muffin not a puppy. But same difference. I love that it was about the healing that comes from being with family, and creating families to heal each other. It was really beautiful.

I was worried at first that I was going to get some major second lead syndrome for Puppy Chan, because he was the cutest thing ever, and his uncle was being Mr. Pushaway. I also loved that actor in Father is Strange. But then the uncle became Wounded Puppy and was also adorable in his sad way that I didn't. Plus, Chan had a million ships between his love for his uncle and his friendship as a part of the three rowing ducklings. I absolutely loved Chan's rowing friends! They were the best! I also loved the girl that liked him, because she was also a good person, although a little obsessed. I pretty much loved everyone. There wasn't really a character that I didn't love. Besides maybe a super minor role. Even Wang Ji Won got to have a good story and character development that was not just the "evil bitca" roles she always gets. I was so proud of her character's story arch.

The best part of the show might have been the main couple's growing story, because we see them both caught by the one tragic event, trapped at 17 years old, and them having to grow, heal, and move passed it. I love that their growth is both independent and through the help of each other and those around them. They both consciously decide to change and put in the effort, and they are supported by their family. This show is basically love. I loved it, and it made me feel happy. I highly recommend it.