Wednesday, September 5, 2018

317. Witch's Love 마녀의 사랑 (2018) Korean

Yoon So Hee, Hyun Woo, Lee Hong Bin, Kim Young Ok, Ko Su Hee

Drama Rating: 6/10     Neck Score: A+

Well, this was a short and cute little drama. I actually didn't know it was only going to be 12 episodes, so when it said finale, I was shocked. I thought they had more to wrap up, but I guess not. It might have been a good thing that it was short though, it didn't have any time to get terrible. It stayed short, a bit messy, but overall fun. It was definitely better than I thought, but then I was only watching it because I wanted a bit of fluff, and if Hyun Woo and Hong Bin were in it, that just made it better. I also like So Hee pretty good, so the cast sold me. Although I wonder how awesome veteran actresses like Kim Young Ok feel just being in whatever as the same grandma all the time. Anyway, it had some twists and turns that were interesting, but overall it didn't have time to explore all the things that could have made it more interesting, but then it never flopped either, so good.

Hong Bin could win an award for most underused second male lead ever. He was just there and he didn't do anything. He was just there. There was a little unexplored twist where he actually was the man of destiny, but that wasn't explored nearly enough and so he was, in fact, wasted. His acting is improving, I think. Especially when there were only a few moments where he looked like he was dying inside because they were making him be cutesy.

When you're acting your heart out, but you're dead inside.

But then he has had years of experience just working with VIXX. Still, I thought he was better than before, even if he didn't get to do much. He didn't have a lot to work with either.

I thought that Hyun Woo had the most interesting character and got to do the most. He got to develop, and almost die a million times, and make out with So Hee a ton. He had a pretty sweet deal. He didn't play the wounded chaebol typically either. I loved how you could trace his weird behaviors back to his paranoia, and how you could see his analytical brain go click click as he tried to make sense of the irrational females. He was definitely the winner of this in my boat. Sadly, they didn't explore the bromance more though. At least the Hong Bin bromance. I did love his secretary and his. They were good together.

While I do think that short and sweet was good, I felt like the focused more on the romance so that the rest of the little plots were a bit rushed. Enough that I was confused when it was suddenly the last episode, because I thought there would be no way that they could wrap everything up in time, and the only kind of did, so it was horrible, they just didn't touch on anything they didn't care enough about. So many unexplored avenues. Oh well. At least it never got draggy. That was a refreshing "amnesia" card as well. They did have some good twists on the old tropes. That was nice for a bit of fluff.

So this is a fun watch if you want to see Hyun Woo in suits (who wouldn't), lots of making out, Hong Bin be cringey, and lots of fun halmoni times. A nice, fun, bit of fluff. Just what it was meant to be. Bonus brOTP shot.