Thursday, February 1, 2018

289. I'm Not a Robot 로봇이 아니야 (2017) Korean

Yoo Seung Ho, Chae Soo Bin, Uhm Ki Joon

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A

I'm so lazy, I'm finally writing the post for this like what, a week after the fact?  Oh well.  Still having computer issues.  I really loved this show though.  It was cute, and fluffy, and full of heart.  I loved almost every single character and was rooting for them.  What was there not to love when I had my puppy Yoo Seung Ho, who was overly lovable in this, one of my favorite girls Chae Soo Bin, and naturally my Grumpy Cat (Uhm Ki Joon)?  Also the ensemble was great and included more favorites, including Kang Ki Young, Eom Hyo Seop, and Seo Dong Won (although he was a bit frustrating at first).  Everyone did a great job and exceeded my expectations.

I'll admit I first got excited about this drama, it was because Dong Ha was supposed to be the lead.  I absolutely love him, while I didn't have any particular feelings about Yoo Seung Ho, although he's a cute puppy.  Grumpy Cat made me watch it anyway, but I had no problems with the leads once I started the show.  This role was made for Yoo Seung Ho.  He was perfect.  The perfect combo of awkward, innocent, cute and naive/prickly.  The cutest lonely boy with trust issues ever.  He stole the rest of the show for me that though I still loved Grumpy Cat so much, he was so clearly not the guy that I couldn't even mourn for him... but there was little reason to.  Things turned out just perfect in all aspects.  What a bunch of cute nerds!

I was also really impressed with Chae Soo Bin's robot acting abilities.  She was so very clearly two different people, one the actual robot and then the human girl it was based on.  Even when there were memory overlaps it was pretty impressive to see her be both.  Although it was weird to see her literally be both, like interacting in the same shot.  Weird.  Whatever, the show was good, I loved it and looked forward to watching it every week.  Fun and cute.