Wednesday, January 10, 2018

285. 20th Century Boy and Girl 20세기 소년소녀 (2017) Korean

Kim Ji Suk, Han Ye Seul, Lee Sang Woo, Ryoo Hyoun Kyoung, Lee Sang Hee, An Se Ha, Oh Sang Jin

Drama Rating: 9/10     Neck Score: A+++

How is Kim Ji Suk so perfect?  I was like crying at the end of every episode because it wasn't fair that he was so cute and sweet and sexy and perfect, and I really just couldn't handle it and he needs to be a male lead from now on!  You probably know by now that Kim Ji Suk is one of my favorite actors of all time.  I've taken to calling him "My Husband."  But he was not the only reason that this show was so wonderful.  Basically it was because of everyone.  There were very few people we didn't like.  In fact, they were all bit parts like: the creepy taxi driver, the evil Deasi Patch reporter, that mean rival actress from the beginning, and Young Shim's dad.  Everyone else was awesome.  I would literally marry any other of the male characters, including Jin Jin's CEO.  He was a nice guy, and I loved it!

I loved all three of our couples!  I might have gotten the most excited about Ah Reum and Jung Woo Sung, because they were so cute and funny!  Also, they were so different and really good at working through those differences.  Like a perfect case of opposites attracting and working out just fine.  I loved the cute lawyer sunbae with cute/weird drinking habits!  So cute!  Cutest drunk ever!  And naturally I loved everything about Ji Won and Jin Jin, even if they took forever to get together when compared with the electrifying and enormous amounts of chemistry they had.  It's surprising no fires started with all those sparkly eyes they made at each other!  The whole time the love triangle was happening, I would be like: Anthony, you're great, but you're not the guy.  But I was hoping something good would happen to him still.  In fact, his story might have been one of my favorites, because of a good cameo!

I loved all the relationships besides the romantic ones!  This was a great portrayal of real people with real friendships.  Maybe on the #friendshipgoals level, but still realistic.  Those Bongo girls + Ji Won were just the best, and they were there for each other in a friends for life way.  They were the best!  The family relationships were all really good.  Literally every time Jin Jin and her brother were together I would comment on Shin Boo play the little brother so perfectly, and the parents!  All the parents (besides that one poobutt dad), I loved it all!

I personally really loved how low key the drama was.  It wasn't about the makjang, it was more a slice of life, so nothing was a huge deal, but there was a lot of character growth all the same.  I loved how they well they rounded off all the stories so they weren't going to dumb lengths to tie all the lose ends, but that we could see what direction everyone was going in, so that we were satisfied.  Basically it was just cute and sweet and filled me with butterflies and rainbows!  I'm going to miss my Bongo Club peeps!