Friday, July 17, 2020

425. Oh My Baby 오 마이 베이비 (2020) Korean

Jang Na Ra, Go Joon, Park Byung Eun, Jung Gun Joo

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A

I knew I had to watch this show when it was first announced because 1. Jang Na Ra, 2. Go Joon (I loved him so much in The Fiery Priest!), and 3. Park Byung Eun (he's seriously rocked everything I've seen him in). I think I've watched almost all of Jang Na Ra's dramas. She's one of my favorites. She's sooooo good and so pretty! But I put off watching this one right away because I knew it was going to hit me in the feels just like that episode of New Girl where Cici finds out her eggs are drying up. I guess sometimes I do worry that kind of stuff as I continue my single, career woman life. Plus kids are super important to me even if I don't have any myself, so I get it. It was just what I predicted. Super cute, funny, and made me cry almost every episode. Maybe I didn't predict just how much it would make me cry. Everyone was perfect too, the acting was so spot on.



It's not just a show about a woman who's nearing the end of her prime who wants a baby really bad so she's on the look for a baby daddy. It's also about infertility (male and female), family structure, single parenthood, women in the workplace, postpartum depression, and pretty much every other topic that relates to a 39 year old woman and her acquaintances. It was super relatable, hard, and wonderful. It had really good romance in it too. I'm all about the older and more mature romances these days (I was almost annoyed at the 23 year olds in the show for being so immature, haha), so I was bound to love this one. It was all the feels (both good and bad) and filled with happiness. I also liked that while it had a time gap at the end (I hate those so much) it was only 3 mouths which seems realistic and manageable, even if it's still stupid. And longer than that and I would have had stronger words against it.

So it's not super lighthearted or everything. It's pretty heavy. Real topics, real characters, real struggles, and lots of good stuff. Just be prepared to cry with them and feel all the feelings, because it puts you through like all of them. You will probably laugh and cry in the same episode and not too far apart. But it's really good, has a solid cast, and it pretty tightly written. I loved it.