Wednesday, July 19, 2017

264. Circle: Two Worlds Connected 써클 : 이어진 두 세계 (2017) Korean

Yeo Jin Goo, Kong Seung Yeon, An Woo Yeon, Kim Kang Woo, Lee Ki Kwang

Drama Rating: 9.5/10     Neck Score: A+

Omofreakingosh!  So good!  I loved it so much!  Moral and ethical dilemmas!  Aliens!  Conspiracy theories!  Neuroscience!  So much good stuff!  Including our future world detective's fine neck!  So much to love in this show!  It's also only 12 episodes, so there is no rooms for dragging, and it never does.  We have a lovely parallel plot between what is happening in 2017 and what is happening in 2037, and the two connected stories only build off of each other, rather than spoiling the other.  We find out things about the same time, as the two stories are really connected.  It was super clever of them.  We have so many ethical and moral dilemmas, such as the purpose of memories.  Are they like cancer cells that are hurting us even though they are part of life?  Or are they the things that make us who we are?  So many possibilities.  I literally burned through the episodes as fast as I could (because I started after it finished), which actually was a moderate pace because there is so much mind blowing content that I did need to take it at a reasonable pace so my head wouldn't literally explode, except that was also hard, because I needed to know what was going to happen next like right away!  Soooooo gooooood!  It was the kind that you don't find very often.  A little golden nugget of goodness.  I recommend to all!  LOVED IT!  I want to tell you all the things I loved about it, but I also don't want to give you any spoilers because that really would ruin this one.  Suspense and surprise are the best with this one.  Let your brain work hard to figure out the mysteries with both worlds.  But I will tell you some things I did like.

I loved both twins.  I just thought they were great.  I actually loved all the police, which is weird, right?  I especially loved our main future world detective, who's neck was so fine I had to comment on it once a day.  Mmm that jawline though.  I loved the plot and the mystery.  I actually loved the bad guys too, because in true K-Drama fashion, it was full of moral ambiguity and you could relate to and understand them all, even if you thought they were wrong or bad for how they were trying to achieve their dreams.

So basically I loved everything?