Wednesday, April 3, 2019

333. Touch Your Heart 진심이 닿다 (2019) Korean

Lee Dong Wook, Yoo In Na, Lee Sang Woo, Son Sung Yoon, Oh Jung Se

Drama Rating: 7/10     Neck Score: A+

This isn't a law drama. It's not really a celebrity drama either. It's a romantic comedy that happens to be about a celebrity and a lawyer falling in love. The actual time taking place in the courtroom or on set is very limited. Which is fine with me. This is just pure cuteness and romance, fulfilling our eager wishes to see Reaper and Sunny get a happy ending. It's a shippers dream come true. It was clearly written to be that next chapter hinted at in the end of Goblin, and we're 100% okay with that.



I absolutely loved it. It wasn't that deep, it over simplified a lot of things, such as how quickly lawsuits went, how cleanly things are solved, and how forgiving everyone is. But that's ok, it wasn't about all of that. We had moments of tiny drama, but things moved on and we got back to what was important. Our couple being cute and making us smile and feel the feels.

But it wasn't just the main couple who was cute. I literally shipped every single couple on the show. I totally rooted for his two prosecutor friends who just needed to get back together. His roommate friend was hilarious. Loved him. I super loved the two other lawyers too and their awkward love hate love relationship. I super shipped the Secretary and Office Manager too. I just wanted everyone at that law office to be happy! Wah! They were all so delightful and I loved their relationships as a group of friends who support each other. The bromance between the CEO and Jung Rok was great too! Their little fights and make ups were the best. I loved the moment when the CEO would defend him even when he was mad at him, even if it was a fight between the two CEOs as to which had it worse, the lawyer or the celebrity. That was also a good bromance.

Basically there is just so much to love in this show. It's not deep, it's not super meaningful, it's just cute and lovely, and spoonful of sugar among everything else that is going on. It was a favorite to watch when I was in a drama slump, so it was just what I needed. If you need cute, this has got it. If you loved the Reaper and Sunny, this is the answer to your wishes. Those two just have the best chemistry. I support anything they do together. Now, if we can just keep this trend alive and have a Emperor and Sunny drama, I can be at peace with everything.