Tuesday, May 15, 2018

296. Grand Prince 대군 - 사랑을 그리다 (2018) Korean

Yoon Si Yoon, Jin Se Yun, Joo Sang Wook, Ryu Hyo Young, Son Ji Hyun

Drama Rating: 4/10     Neck Score: A+

I knew what it was going to be like when I started it. I saw all the warning signs that said: "this is not going to be a good sageuk" and yet I watched it anyway. Why? Because I will watch anything for Yoon Si Yoon. I know, that's not wise. But I've already done it for every other of his dramas, why stop now?

The acting wasn't really the issue. While I'm not a huge fan of Jin Se Yun, I'd say it was never her fault that she show sucked. It was 100% the writing and plot. It just kept getting more and more ridiculous. People fell for the stupidest traps, it was pretty bad. It was also that I hated Joo Sang Wook's smarmy character, Jin Yang, so much that I had to multitask every time his character got any screen time at all. Which meant that I couldn't watch it during my lunch break on my phone, but only at home where I could Duolingo or puzzle game it up, especially during Jin Yang's smarmy yucky pitty parties of nasty justification. He did too good a job being a yucky boy. He pissed me off all the time.



Anyway, the plot just got more and more ridiculous as Prince Eun Sung (Yoon Si Yoon) almost died/faked his own death for the millionth time, and no one expected that trap to fail... again... that I had to resort to desperate measures. I mean, it was the same thing over and over again. If you saw to people having a conversation, you've seen it a million times. Like literally. They just repeated themselves until I wanted to barf. So, when it came down to the last two episodes, I just had to whip out the Snapchat filters.

I used other filters too, but that first one was my favorite.

The last episode was even worse. Everything was just so over dramatic, and then all the sudden it was over, but the episode was over, and then it just dragged on and on with epilogue type stuff, but none of it was anything I was interested in, because my only ship sank, and my favorite characters died or were sad, and who cares about these main characters? It was super preachy too. Like, it wasn't super good to start with, but then it completely fell apart. It was just nonsense by the end. At one point, when it was being particularly preachy and lame, and I told Eun Sung to shut up, Lizabreff was surprised that I would tell uri Dong Gu (Yoon Si Yoon) to shut up. Frankly, that's how lame the show ended, because I told him to shut up a lot. It was just yawn blah, especially by the end.