Monday, June 26, 2017

Korean Movie Night: Scandal Makers 과속스캔들 (2008) Korean

Cha Tae Hyun, Park Bo Young, Wang Seok Hyeon, Im Ji Kyu, Hwang Woo Seul Hye

Movie rating: 8/10     Neck score: A

I can't believe I ignored this one because the name sounded weird for so long!  It was so good!  It took me looking up something random and noticing who was in it.  I think I was looking up something up about Cha Tae Hyun and then I noticed that he was in this movie, and then I saw that Park Bo Young was also in it, and I got super excited to watch it and maybe watched clips of it on YouTube before even telling Lizabreff and Curdy that we needed to watch it.  It's so funny!  Naturally everyone did a great job, because I loved all the actors in it.

So it's about a celebrity in his 30s who finds out he has a kid in her 20s who has a 6 year old kid.  So overnight he becomes a 35 year old grandfather.  It's all about him growing up and them becoming a family, as well as following dreams, and generally becoming better people.  That kid is also adorable.  I loved his grin as he greeted people which then was abruptly wiped to a straight face when the greeting was done.  Every time.  It was wonderful.

It was just a great movie, although somewhat predictable, like most movies of this genre are.  You know they are probably going to be a happy family by the end, choosing family over fame or whatever, so it's more about the journey than a surprise.  It was really good.  It was edited really clever to make it funnier, especially in the time lapse montage scenes.  They were just all really good at bringing out the humor of the script really well, so that we could get all the right emotions through out the show.  I really liked it.  It was great for a cute and funny family movie.