Wednesday, January 8, 2014

91. Fated to Love You 命中注定我愛你 (2008) Taiwanese

Ethan Ruan, Chen Qiao En, Baron Chen, Bianca Bai

Drama Rating: 6.5/10     Neck Score: A

This drama drew me in, as ridiculous as it was.  It kept on throwing ridiculousness in, so much for this couple to go through, some of it highly unlikely, but still so good.  I think the chemistry between the  leads was probably the thing that made it work so well.  A walked over "Sticky Note Girl" and a hot tempered (typically a pushover in love) CEO of a soap company have an "accidental" one night stand and end up having to get married.  That one night stand part was the most ridiculous part, and way too long, but get passed that (fast forward is my recommendation) and it gets way better.  Cun Xi (Ethan Ruan) is so adorable when he is doing what he wants (i.e. loving and protecting his wife) and so very annoying when he is chasing after Anna and yelling every two minutes when he thinks he's being pushed into anything.  It's one of those shows where I was like "why do I love this show so much?"  But I just did.  There is a catchy OST and some good hair (Dylan).  Ethan Ruan is a very attractive man too, so when he's being charming we all swooned.  I will be interested to see where the Korean remake takes this.