Wednesday, January 8, 2014

81. Emergency Couple 응급남녀 (2014) Korean

Choi Jin Hyuk, Song Ji Hyo, Lee Pil Mo, Choi Yeo Jin, Clara

Drama Rating: 5/10     Neck Score: A

I was so excited about this one because love Choi Jin Hyuk and wanted to see him be the leading man for once, and I love Song Ji Hyo (yay Running Man!).  However, from episode 1 this was very poorly done.  The whole exes breaking up and then getting thrown back together through the workplace is pretty compelling, but this one tried too hard to be a comedy.  It is really a medical drama, with lots of sad medical things happening, which was fine, but every time it tried to be funny it was cheesy, dumb and utterly ridiculous.  I still watched it, but I was so disappointed in it.  Some supposed to be funny scenes just made me roll my eyes.  Whatever.  For an exes getting back together drama Cunning Single Lady was way better.  This one still had redeeming qualities.  For how badly it was written, the actors did a really good job.  I liked the chemistry especially on Choi Jin Hyuk's side.  Sadly, they didn't write Song Ji Hyo's character well, so when she finally decided to get her man back, it was weak at best.  They had her holding out too long, so it seemed lame when she suddenly decided she wanted him again.  The weird relationship with the chief was weird too.  She needed to show more resistance against wanting her ex at least, since it just seemed like she hated him the whole time.  Oh well.  Still liked it ok, but not as good as it could have been.  I think it just needed to be not a comedy and it already would have been better.  But I did love her little sister and brother in law.  Some of the comedic aspects weren't that bad, just when they were trying too hard to be funny.