Wednesday, January 8, 2014

79. The Greatest Love 최고의 사랑 (2011) Korean

Cha Seung Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Yoon Kye Sang, Yoo In Ah

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A

At last I found the show that I really was needing while watching shows such as Prime Minister and I and I Need Romance.  Funny, uplifting, romance, etc.  This is probably the best Hong Sister's drama and my favorite one (along with Master's Sun).  However, as awesome as it is, you really need to be well versed in Korean pop culture to appreciate it.  Literally, I tried to show it to a friend who was just starting to watch dramas (I think this would have only been her second) and lizabreff and I were cackling while it all went over my friend's head.  So we decided to hold off on that one for her and made her watch Secret Garden first.  This show is so funny though.  Cha Seung Won is a genius.  Doko Jin is so hilariously perfect.  Also he looked so good with that facial hair, then when he shaved it he still looked so good!  I was like, how is this possible?!?!  The way it makes fun of the Korean entertainment industry is so perfect.  Gong Hyo Jin is an unlikeable star who fell from grace during the scandal that broke up her girl band.  Doko Jin is the industry's top actor.  Then their paths cross and it's so funny.  I guarantee you'll also get the OST stuck in your head.  It's such an iconic OST that it is used for shows like Running Man when people get crushes.  Classic, awesome show.  Also, unlike many of the Hong Sister's dramas, this one never fell apart or got super silly, but stayed golden the whole time.  Also, best cameo of all Hong Sister's dramas- Lee Seung Gi, which just makes You're All Surrounded (Starring Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won) so much better because you know they already love each other.