Wednesday, January 8, 2014

55. Master's Sun 주군의 태양 (2013) Korean


So Ji Sub, Kong Hyo Jin, Seo In Guk, Kim Yoo Ri

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A+

This is my favorite Hong Sisters drama (well tied for first with Greatest Love) but you have to be okay with horror to like it, because this is a Horror Romantic Comedy.  The first episode is probably the scariest too.  The first 15  min has some of the scariest ghost faces that will deter any peeps who are less enthusiastic about horror things.  I mistakenly recommended it to my younger sister, because I loved it so much, and she reported back that it was way too scary for her, which is something I haven't considered.  Even while my roommate finally watched it she needed me there for some episodes because they were on the scary side.  It didn't bother me, but it can, apparently, be a bit on the scary side (especially that stitch mouth granny in the first 15 min).  I watched it because it was the Hong Sisters, Horror Comedy, and Seo In Guk, but I came out completely in love with So Ji Sub.  Man that man is sexy.  He played vulnerable so well too.  Also, Kong Hyo Jin is awesome in this, but her hair and style is as tacky as always.  But her acting makes up for it.  I love the way the Hong Sisters always throw in lots of side romances, those are always cute.  This one has some hooky plot arcs, which is actually pretty typical for Hong Sisters.  They are good a comedy and pop culture references, but not so good at wrapping up loose ends and solid finishes (couch couch Big cough cough).  But this one, overall, was great.  Less love triangley and more ghosts and funny.  Also we got to see So Ji Sub and Seo In Guk sing the Three Bears song.  Win!