Sunday, January 5, 2014

25. Vampire Prosecutor 뱀파이어 검사 (2011) Korean

Yeon Jeong Hun, Lee Won Jong, Lee Young Ah, Jang Hyun Sung

Drama Rating: 7/10      Neck Score: A

I don't normally like vampire anything.  I feel they are an overused not so cool monster option.  But I actually liked this.  I'll admit I watched this initially for Yeon Jeong Hun, but from the first moment I liked what they did.  It's like the Korean Law & Order only the prosecutor is a vampire who uses his skills to solve the crimes.  He can like "read blood" to recreate the scene, and if he drinks a bit of the victim's blood he can see their last few moments to get clues as to who their killer is.  Then it's more of a serial with new cases each episode, but also an over arching storyline of him trying to find the vampire who killed his little sister and made him a vampire too.  Another good point is the girl.  Lee Young Ah plays an awesome bad-a prosecutor chick who might have roots in the mafia.  She's never the damsel in distress, and if she is, she puts up a really good fight and never looks like a sissy.  Yes, this is making vampires sexy, which is my least favorite thing... but he was sexy before he was a vampire and it's not about that, it's about solving crime, which is awesome.