Tuesday, January 14, 2014

143. Super Daddy Yeol 슈퍼대디 열 (2015) Korean

Lee Dong Gun, Lee Yoo Ri, Lee Re, Seo Jun Young, Seo Ye Ji 

Drama Rating: 7/10     Neck Score: A+

I loved this show when it was about Yeol becoming a good dad.  I had a harder time with it when it was about the mom dying of cancer.  Well, it was part of the basic premise, so it's not like I wasn't prepared for it, but I just am so sick of people lying to protect people, and being a noble idiot because they think suffering on their own is better for everyone.  Boo that.  I did have a problem with that, but the truth is, for a drama about cancer, it was really realistic.  Going through all the stages of cancer with the being scared, trying to run away, giving up, etc. was annoyingly accurate, or seemed so.  I haven't actually had to deal with that, but it was more realistic than some others.  Also the ending was more realistic too.  No magical tie everything up nicely with a bow, but still good.  Lee Dong Gun is just great too.  So sexy, so perfect as a retired gone coach athlete.  Sexy with a little belly.  My favorite was the father/daughter relationship build.  That was just cute.