Monday, May 11, 2020

414. Welcome (Meow the Secret Boy) 어서와 (2020) Korean

Kim Myung Soo, Shin Ye Eun, Seo Ji Hoon, Yoon Ye Joo, Kang Hoon

Drama Rating: 6/10     Neck Score: A+


A drama featuring a cat? Yes! Myung Soo wearing a chunky white sweater? Yes please! The plot.... ok. There were a lot of people who were bothered by the whole cat turning into a person thing, and I get that. I just went with the it happens in fairy tales all the time vibe and went with it, but it did open itself up to a lot of awkwardness when she finally found out and was constantly wanting him to turn into a human and stuff. Honestly, I was probably 99% in it for the cat and 1% for Myung Soo acting like a cat. Well, it might be more evenly balanced. But let's just say I wasn't really in it for the plot and romance and stuff. It was ok, it didn't bother me or anything, but I just wanted to see the cat. Maybe it's social distancing talking, but I really want my cats, and this rental that doesn't allow pets is going to be the death of me. Oh well. So it's a light, fluffy drama with a lot of problems, but still cute. I do like the discussion it addresses about different types of people and how they get along, how opposites can attract, but also be a deterrent. It also discusses the issues with pet ownership and people not taking responsibility, and how cats usually take the brunt of it, being abandoned the most. All those abandoned cats also made me want to adopt a kitty too. Or a kid. I don't like hearing about abandoned kids either. Abandoned anyone/thing makes me sad. But it also talked about trust and loyalty, and actually listening and taking responsibility. I was also 100% in like with the second couple, who were another cat/dog couple. His big, dumb, loving dog personality and her meek, cute, and considerate (and sassy) cat personality were fun to watch.

Ultimately it wasn't something outstanding, but it was cute and fun, but I also love cats and Myung Soo, so I probably forgave it way more than some. But if you think too much about the cat as the romantic lead, and a real cat at that, not just personality wise, then I get it. But it is worth it just to see him do a good job being a cat. That part with the cardboard box though 😂😂😂.