Monday, April 27, 2020

417. When the Weather is Fine 날씨가 좋으면 찾아가겠어요 (2020) Korean

Park Min Young, Seo Kang Joon, Moon Jeong Hee, Lee Jae Wook

Drama Rating: 7/10     Neck Score: A+

I didn't really like the plot that much. Like the dramatic stuff. There was also a lot that if I think about it too much, I really hated too. But because all the characters were pretty likable, and the couple and their romance was super cute, I was willing to forgive a lot. Also, it was hooking enough that I kept watching it, even if I was crying all the time or rolling my eyes at how stupid some people (or just one person) was being. It fits into that trend that is currently happening with really melancholy dramas and nothing else. But honestly, I think that was what I was in the mood for anyway and that's why I kept coming back even when all I'd do was cry the whole episode. And though I say I didn't like the plot and the drama, it's probably because I just hate anything or anyone who would hurt all these wounded babies who are already hurt and sad. So basically I liked everything, but it made me sad.


It has a reoccurring theme of feeling cold and being warmed by someone. Everyone in the show is cold, in fact. They've all had so much crap happen to them that they are all on the point of giving up, and then someone special returns into their life and shows them the warmth of friendship and love, and then their cold hearts are warmed and it's super cute and special. Because warming someone is more of a subtle love, a behind the scenes kind of love, our Eun Seob is basically acting like a second male lead type, you know the kind that is really sweet and loving from a distance and gives you second lead syndrome? Yeah, that type. Only he's the male lead and there really isn't a love triangle. That might be my favorite part. I'm so over love triangles and jerk leads. I wanted a sweetie and that's what really sold this one for me. Plus, Park Min Young is adorable, and so her in a sweet romance full of cuteness is the best.

So yes, the romance is the best part of this drama, especially as while the male lead is acting like a second male lead and not actually making moves, we have a female lead who knows exactly what she wants and actually goes for it. We have a girl confessing, being super straightforward, and breaking down barriers so that her boy can feel that same warmth that he has been silently giving to her. It was frustrating sometimes how scared he was of actually being happy, before we knew why, but I also liked that, because then we could see how even though he was making everyone warm, he was cold inside too. That made the mutual love story, melting the icy hearts, very interesting and beautiful.

I absolutely was watching this show for Lee Jae Wook and I loved him so much. He was so cute, smart, and awkward. I was invested in his love story just as much as the main couple. Best. I love everyone in the village, and all the book club members were so cute. I loved that even the "bad" characters weren't really bad. It was very slice of life in the fact that the villains were just people, and any love rival (if you could consider anyone a love rival) was just a person, and everyone just needed some healing and to move on.

I didn't like how draggy the last episodes felt, when all the dramatic crap came to a climax and drove people apart to "sort their feelings" and leave the things that had once brought them piece. They wrapped it up for a good happy ending, but I thought it was stupid and lame and kind of brought the momentum of cute down, making me want to pay attention less and not feel as satisfied. It seemed like a bit of a let down, but I was still okay with it. It just could have been better. I guess I just wanted more cute and less of making our cute puppy wait while being sad. I also wanted more scenes with Lee Jae Wook in them. Because you can't have too much of that boy. Ever.