Monday, April 30, 2018

297. Prison Playbook 슬기로운 감빵생활 (2017) Korean

Park Hae Soo, Jung Kyoung Ho, Krystal Jung, Lim Hwa Young, Kim Kyung Nam

Drama Rating: 9.5     Neck Score: A

I started this much later than most people because I had to wait for it to come out on Netflix, and then by the time it did I had half forgotten it and was too busy. But everyone kept talking about it, and going on about how much the loved it, and could watch the antics of the Cell 2-6 boys for another season, so I kept it high on my list. I didn't 100% believe that I would fall in love with everyone to that extent. But how right everyone was. It maybe took me a couple of episodes, but especially by the end I was watching them with every minute I could space. It was hard, because the episodes are longer than an hour. Some being closer to 2 hours. But it is so worth it. I really could watch another season of my babies.

Omo! The feels! I have never cared so much about a cast of characters! My babies! No! Don't hurt my babies! They were all in prison for a reason, and yet I cared about them so much. Everyone was lovable. Even people you didn't think would be. From the prisoners to the guards to the family members. Everyone was just so lovable.



So much so that every time the preview showed anyone having a hard time, I would scream out something to the effect of: "No! You leave my muffin alone!" "Ah! My babies! Don't hurt my babies, you gae seakkiya!" Etc. However, the previews were trolling me a lot of the time, or maybe I was just a little too overprotective of my boys, because I always imagined the worst based on the previews, and it was never quite as bad as I imagined it. Although, I was prone to overreacting at their trolling.

The bromances! Such wonderful bromances! So many bromances! And when the bromances we split up as people came and went, we would find more bromance! Each new character became developed until we cared about them. Although the show was primarily about Kim Jae Hyeok (Park Hae Soo), I felt like they gave all of the inmates and prison guards a fairly equal amount of time for their characters to develop, so we could fall in love with them and their hopes and dreams. I've never been so devastatingly invested in that many characters before. I'm going to miss them so much!

I can't even tell you who my favorites were, because I would probably just list them all. They all almost brought me to tears at one point or another. Obviously our main bromance of Jae Hyeok and Joon Ho (Jung Kyoung Ho) were probably my very favorite, because they were the leads, but I would have to say that Captain Yoo and Loony were a close second, and I loved Kim Min Chul and Lieutenant Paeng so much too. Lieutenant Paeng might just have been my favorite muffin of all time. All my muffins!

Really, this show is just so well written. So many wonderful characters that actually were given enough time to shine. Relationships were allowed to develop, but no one relationship was given so much preference that it outshone the others. I loved how we were allowed to love everyone, and just watch them become a family that supported each other. Sharing in each other's joy and pains. It was great. So great. So great! (Tears) My babies!!!!