Tuesday, April 24, 2018

295. Laughter in Waikiki 으라차차 와이키키 (2018) Korean

Kim Jung Hyun, Lee Yi Kyung, Son Seung Won, Jung In Sun, Go Won Hee, Lee Joo Woo

Drama Rating: 9/10     Neck Score: A+

No! Waikiki is over! I miss it already! I haven't laughed that hard and that consistently for a long, long time. The show was the perfect combo of all the kinds of humor. Physical to situational. Even when you thought that you could predict what was coming, it still surprised with how funny they carried it out. They were all masters of comedic timing, physical comedy, and the awkward. It was the best.



I'm normally really hesitant about dramas getting extended, but I was actually excited when this one was. Although it made it a bit draggy is some aspects of the plot, such as prolonging the love stories when they were almost about to get together, but instead we had to wait a few more episodes, etc. But that was made up with more Junki getting himself in crazy situations and other completely Waikiki hilarity. I felt like all the extension did was slow the pace a bit on the romances, but the flavor and characters all stayed true to form. It was just more of a good thing. Hurray!

All of the actors did amazingly. I loved everyone and everything was lovely. I loved all the cameos and references, and running jokes. Really I just loved everything about this show. It is the funniest thing I've seen in forever, and I miss it, and it got me smiling and laughing right until the end, and was the perfect comedy. Ah, the running jokes! They were so fun because we expected them, but each time it was taken to another level, and handled so perfectly that we got excited for them. Everyone took turns as well. If the episode focused on one couple's struggles, you can be sure the other two were being extra funny so that we were never bogged down with drama. There was always someone to cheer us up. It was just delightful the whole time.

I really am struggling to put into words how much I loved this show. It was so good! We looked forward to it every week. Wednesdays were Waikiki days, and we would drop everything to make sure that it got watched that day. Nothing got in the way of Waikiki Wednesday. Oh, I'm going to miss that so much! Wah! Waikiki! Why were you so wonderful! (Cue theme song). Yeah, it was amazing, and I loved it, and I miss it.