Friday, February 16, 2018

293. Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이 (2017) Korean

Lee Joon Ho, Won Jin Ah, Lee Ki Woo, Kang Han Na

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A+

I wasn't going to watch this at first, but I kept seeing spoilers that made me want to watch it. Plus, I wanted to see Joon Ho act more, because he really impressed me in Chief Kim. It was definitely worth it. I burned through the whole show in about a week. But the one thing that you have to remember before starting this show is that it is a melodrama. Straight up tragedy, really. It is about a bunch of people whose lives were ruined because of a mall collapse back in 2005.  You know you are getting old when the past scenes in a drama were after you'd already started college. All of our leads have a traumatic past because of this event, some of them have it worse than others because they were trapped in the mall and almost died.

I do like the character development of most people. I like how we slowly started learning things about what happened in the past. It unfolded nicely and helped the character development. I loved how no one was really a horrible person, and even that gae baby had a story and reasons, even though I still called him "gae baby" cause he deserves it. The person whose character got the least development was Lee Ki Woo, who had a lame second male lead plot development, while the second female lead was bae.

I thought that Won Jin Ah did a great job.  Joon Ho was decent too. They definitely kept me coming back even when I thought it was going to be too hard or dramatic. It was a bit of both, but it was also enjoyable and worth it. I did get a bit mad about how the previews strung me along making me keep watching as they lied about what episode the cute scenes were actually going to be in. I had to wait like three episodes for that back hug scene, thanks a lot.