Friday, March 4, 2016

Wake Up! Geum Sa Wol's Impromptu Jam Session

Now that Geum Sa Wol is over (even though I'm still waiting for the last episodes to get freakin subbed- come on Viki!) this is the perfect time to unearth an amazing creation that happened as I was watching the first 5 min of episode 20 of My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol.


Lizabreff's dongsaeng was over, playing on my guitar while waiting to get picked up from our house, and she came downstairs right as I started watching episode 20.  She's totally into K-dramas too, so I ended up having to pause and explain to her what was going on.  This turned into magic.


Because she's a super talented and awesome individual, and because she was still holding the guitar, everything that was said on screen and everything I said to explain what was going on in the episode and show turned into lyrics of the song.  It was perfect, because the start of that episode is super dramatic.  People are yelling, and falling off buildings, and blackmailing, and all that lovely drama.  Add the dramatics of the entire series period and we've got a lovely song.

Here is a picture of the sketched lyrics that happened during this jam session.


"I'm falling down.  Flying through the sky.  Watch me hit the Ground.
Wake up!  Wake up! I didn't mean to push you down.  Wake up!  Wake up!  Wake up!  Wake up!  Wake up!  Wake up!  I didn't mean to push you down.  It was just another faulty pole.
Man B.G. (bad guy) is a very B.G.  He built a faulty building that crushed the orphans in their sleep.  Wake up!  Wake up!  Wake up!"

So, in case any of you haven't watched episode 20 of Geum Sa Wol, this is what happens in the first 5 minutes:

Hong Do finds out that Kang Man Hoo is the one responsible for that orphanage tragedy.



She has the evidence, he tries to get the evidence.


He pushes her, she fall backwards... right through the railing and ledge that were put there without permission by the Hye Sang Bitca.


Well, it was an accident.  "I didn't mean to push you down!"


And then everyone keeps saying: "Wake up!" which is how the song started.




Here is a rough draft of how the song goes.  A very rough version.


My personal favorite part is the line about keepin' it close because the main couple's parents are married.  Haha.  "Keeping it real, real close."

So basically, Lizabreff's Dongsaeng is a genius and this song is great.  It actually get's stuck in my head all the time.  Like right now.  "Wake up!  Wake up!  Wake up!  Wake up!  I didn't mean to push you down!"