Wednesday, January 8, 2014

73. My Love From the Star 별에서 온 그대 (2013-2014) Korean

Jun Ji Hyun, Kim Soo Hyun, Park Hae Jin, Yoo In Ah

Drama Rating: 6.5/10     Neck Score: B+

I hope no one gets mad when I say that Kim Soo Hyun's neck is a little short... (they totally stretched his neck in the poster to make him taller than her) and a total trunk neck... or that this show kinda wasn't my fave.  Obviously I still liked it, but the ending kinda killed it for me.  So, I might have been more interested in the creepy killer plot (and just the creepy killer who is so hot) than the love story, so after that was resolved it was sooooooo boring.  The show is way fun though, and different enough with the whole alien thing that it was good.  I loved watching it (until Shin Sung Rok was captured and it dragged out the last episode, with all it's sadness, into like 2.5 episodes) and it was definitely well done.  Super props to Jun Ji Hyun, she was amazing in the role of  Cheon Song Yi.  Also, Do Min Joon (Kim Soo Hyun) was great at the whole alien thing and pretending he didn't like her when he did, and basically being an old man in a young man's body, etc, so good.  The whole murder mystery creepy killer for me was really compelling and how it was going to get solved, etc.  I guess if I just try to remember before the slow stretched out ending, I would probably rate it way higher.  Funny how endings, because they are the last things we watch, can totally ruin shows for us.  But seriously, this wasn't the worst ending in the world.  It was just boring and stretched out.  There wasn't much else they could do.  They kinda wrote themselves in the corner.  Also, there are some hilarious parts, such as the Heirs reference that had me howling because it was unexpected, or the ET reference with her little brother (played by Ahn Jae Hyun) getting a man crush on Do Min Joon.  Good show, just a boring ending.  That's all.