Wednesday, January 8, 2014

69. 12 Signs of Love 일년에 열두남자 (2012) Korean

Yoon Jin Seo, Koh Joon Hee, On Joo Wan, Bae Geu Rin

Drama Rating: 3/10     Neck Score: B

I watched this one because it was on Netflix and Julian Kang.  Rawr.  However it was really stupid and I think suffered from extremely bad writing and over influence of the public.  It's about a girl who is stupid and has a misunderstanding with her boyfriend because of her over thinking and they break up.  Then, to keep her job, she has to write a column pretending to be this famous author, about dating and having sex with a man from each of the astrological signs.  It starts because of writing about her ex-boyfriend to save her skin once, and it becomes so popular that she is forced to continue.  So it is a bit interesting to see her discover each man, but it's really quite silly.  I think that no one liked her so much that in the end they might have changed it so that she didn't end up with her ex again, but that might have been always planned.  I don't know.  I'm not sure what the point of keeping him around was if that wasn't always the case.  I mean, the way they wrapped up the ending was a stretch,  throwing in a new man, etc, made absolutely no sense, narrative speaking.  I've seen enough opinions of how everyone loved the other girl so much that I am sure most people liked her more than the main girl so that might have severely influenced the ending.  Also, they took so much time at first, that some of the signs got rushed through.  Like I said, really bad writing.  Also, Julian Kang's character was bad, so that just made it even less cool.  Yeah, absolutely silly show.  A little embarrassed I watched it.  Wouldn't recommend it.