Wednesday, January 8, 2014

67. Gu Family Book 구가의 서 (2013) Korean

Lee Seung Gi, Suzy, Choi Jin Hyuk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Sung Joon

Drama Rating: 6/10     Neck Score: A

Not the best drama Seung Gi's ever done, but I liked it more than most people I talked to.  I know a lot of people were bothered by the ending, but I was fine with it.  Also it's pretty cheesy in spots, but oh well.  I also liked Seung Gi's high little pony tail, while others I spoke to did not... it's ok.  There is still Choi Jin Hyuk.  He is so hot in this.  This is probably my favorite role he has ever played.  When he was being the good little gumiho, he was adorable.  When he was being the bad 1000 year demon, he was so very sexy.  All he had to do was stand there and he was so sexy.  Rawr.  Also Sung Joon made the best derpy faces.  He was hilarious.  The bad guy was so very nasty that you hated him so much, but you are supposed to.  He's nasty.  Suzy was really good in it.  She made me completely forget how annoying she was in Big and think she is awesome, which she is.  Basically this is a silly but still great fusion/fantasy sageuk.  As fantasy sageuks go, Arang and the Magistrate is way better, but this one is still very enjoyable to watch, and has plenty of eye candy as well.  After all, Choi Jin Hyuk just stands there looking very sexy a lot.  Totally stole the show, really.