Sunday, January 5, 2014

42. Shining Inheritance 찬란한 유산 (2009) Korean

Lee Seung Gi, Han Hyo Joo, Bae Soo Bin, Moon Chae Won

Drama Rating: 6/10     Neck Score: B

Note:  Please watch City Hunter first so you can like his mom.  She is cray cray evil in this one and it will sour you for a while.  Also, this show has crying in it like every episode, as my friend pointed out while I was watching it.  "Is she crying again?"  Well, yeah.  Wouldn't you when your step-mom is like the devil, your autistic little brother is lost and you have to work with a hot butt head?  I guess it's justifiable crying, but it's still a lot of crying.  But boy does Seung Gi manage to steal the show.  He does the butt head to sweetheart character development so good.  I actually thought the nice other dude was annoying and really just liked watching Seung Gi's character develop.  I thought granny was a little weird.  Ok, you can just do weird things with your inheritance to teach your family a lesson... I guess... you should have thought of teaching them better earlier, when they were still being raised and all.  Also, Moon Chae Won is annoying with her "Oppa.... whine whine whine" business all the time.  I love her as an actress, but her character sucked in this one.  She had a cray cray mom though, so I guess her being her own kind of cray cray makes sense.  Watch it for Seung Gi, if you can take a bit of crying and cray cray... and have already seen City Hunter.