Sunday, January 5, 2014

18. Can Love Become Money? 사랑도 돈이 되나요 (2012) Korean

Yeon Jeong Hun,  Uhm Ji Won, Wang Bit Na, Jo Yeon Woo

Drama Rating: 6/10     Neck Score: A

I watched this because from the promo poster I thought the lead looked a bit like Junsu (JYJ/DBSK), which just makes me laugh now, but since I liked this one, I'm not sorry for my silly mistake.  There is some bet or will stipulation that needed him to get married before the year was out, so his uncle hires this girl (who is super in debt because of a conman boyfriend) to seduce him.  Pretty classy plot.  I love Yeon Jeong Hun.  He was really what made this silly show work for me.  He has some seriously good acting skills, and is super hot when he doesn't smile, which is usually opposite for me.  He's cute when he does smile, but after this show and Vampire Prosecutor it weirds me out to see him smile.  It has some serious weird plot twists, with birth secrets and hidden siblings/cousins/family and an other dude who can't decide if he's a bad dude or not, but the main couples relationship developed so beautifully that I endured the sillier parts just to see them interact.  I mean, him having her dress as a grandma when he notices that he's attracted to her is just classic.