Sunday, January 12, 2014

123. Liar Game 라이어 게임 (2014) Korean

Kim So Eun, Lee Sang Yoon, Shin Sung Rok

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A+

I rarely am so intensely into a show, but this one was consistently intense.  A little formulaic, but in a good way, as in every week had one story arc of intenseness.  Every week's episodes = one round of the game, so each week had a nice build and climax, while still giving us more clues.  Best part though is Shin Sung Rok being absolutely crazy.  I loved him so much, especially as he made me hate and love his character at the same time.  How could he be sympathetic and batshiz crazy and evil and sexy all the same time?  Also Lee Sang Yoon was sexier than I've ever seen him in this one.  He pulled off the bad boy thing well, which I was skeptical of at first.  I was delightfully engaged in this show the whole time, so I could count that as a success.