Saturday, January 11, 2014

113. Plus Nine Boys 아홉수 소년 (2014) Korean

Kim Young Kwang, Oh Jung Se, Yook Sung Jae, Choi Ro Woon, Kyung Soo Jin, Yoo Da In

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A

So painful, funny, and sweet.  Painful because it is so relatable.  It's the story of four boys facing what could be the worst year of their life.  There is a superstition that the years ending in 9 are bad luck years, and in this family all four boys are in their something-ninth year, from the 39 year old uncle to the 9 year old youngest son.  We've all had those times when everything seems to be going wrong.  I said it before, but I honestly just related with every character, so it was super painful and emotional to watch at times, but then it was also super cute and funny.  I thought the ending was a little too nice in some aspects, but as it is also a lot of open ends, you can't say that it is not also realistic.  Also, that kid.  Choi Ro Woon is amazing.  Acting like a kid who can't act!  Mind blowingly good.  Also he made me cry at the end.  Seriously this kid!  I loved him the most maybe (and I seriously like all the actors in this show).  Not sure why it was only 14 episodes, but I don't feel like it was rushed or anything, so that's cool.  16 might have dragged, so maybe it was a good thing.  Anyways, I liked it, even if it made my heart hurt  for these boys in their awkward, unlucky year.