Friday, May 31, 2019

340. Kill It 킬잇 (2019) Korean

Chang Ki Yong, Nana, Roh Jeong Eui,  Lee Jae Won, Jung Hae Kyun

Drama Rating: 6/10     Neck Score: A+

I wanted to like this drama way more than I did. It was just strangely boring for a 12 episode action drama. You know for a drama about an assassin, even called Kill It, there was less death than I thought, and the point seemed to be to NOT kill it. It was more of a melodrama than an action drama. And since both leads were chill, soft spoken characters, some of the scenes with them just sitting in silence, totally ok with that, made me fall asleep.

Also, it was short, only 12 episodes, but it still seemed to take everyone forever to figure things out. They just never seemed to put two and two together. She's a cop chasing the assassin, who is trying to hunt down his past. She figures out that is 88 way sooner than she figures out that he's the assassin. Somehow she was able to convince herself otherwise? And I knew what the bad guys were doing the whole time, why did it take them so long to figure it out? Because once they did it would turn into a rampage with lots of death like it did?



The action, when it actually happened, was really beautiful. From the perfect head shots to the perfect roundhouses to the head. But really, I got bogged down by all the not talking in the middle, it made it hard for me to finish it in a good time, and it was even harder since I had to wait for episodes to be posted, even though the show had apparently ended before I even started it? I don't know what was up with that. Licencing issues or something. But that definitely slowed me down. Maybe if I had been able to binge it?

But even with all those slow moments, the end went crazy fast, and was strangely satisfying and also not at the same time, so... yeah. I did like the character development. Especially of that kid who started off as annoying and then became endearing as we saw her coping with the trauma of her past as well as her current traumas of reliving the past, and you realize that all she wants is a family and people to love. She was a good character.

So maybe watch it for the action, the pretty, and binge it now that it's completely subbed. That should help it be more exciting. Waiting just makes it feel draggier than it probably is.