Friday, May 3, 2019

336. He is Psychometric 사이코메트리 그녀석 (2019) Korean

Park Jin Young, Shin Ye Eun, Kim Kwon, Kim Da Som

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A+

I love the balance between romance, healing, and thriller that this show had. It was good. I got really invested in all the characters, which then meant that I was going to be put through the ringer so that all my emotions were tested and I just still can't get over it. It was good... [bursts into tears again]. For something that was so deeply emotional and traumatic (for both the characters and me) it wrapped up really well too. It told the story well and had really good character development and plot twists that didn't come out of nowhere, we could see hints of them, if you paid attention, but they were still shocking and stuff. Like and good balance of set up and surprise.

I don't even know what to say about it (without massive spoilers?) but I loved it and you should all watch it.


So basically it all ties back to a huge indecent at this huge apartment complex with a murder arson case that made victims of all our puppies. Everyone is connected to this incident and all the trauma associated with it, for various reasons. Our main kid, Lee Ahn, lost both his parents and almost died escape but upon recovery from the accident, he discovers he has psychometric powers, which means when he touches people or things that have DNA traces, he can see their memories. He lives with his hyung, who was the high schooler who saved him from the fire, who also lost his mom to the murder/arson. He became a prosecutor, probably to get to the bottom of the case (which was naturally swept under the rug because it's more complicated than a simple murder/arson). We also have the daughter of the security guard blamed for the case and the daughter of the detective in charge of the case, who both became police officers in order to solve the case as well.... as you can see, it's all connected.

Anyway, everyone did a fantastic job. I've been a fan of Kim Kwon since Heard it Through the Grapevine so I'm super happy he's getting bigger roles that show off his talents. He did a really good job as the prosecutor hyung in this. Also, I think I'm finally got to get into GOT7 now, since Jin Young is both cute and a good actor. I'm gonna watch everything he's been in and start listening to all his music type good. Also the chemistry between all of them were really good. I shipped all the couples. I loved Kim Da Som as the detective. She was a great character, she was a great noona, a girl with a crush, and a bad-ass police detective who got stuff done. Shin Ye Eun was really great too! She really impressed me, especially since I think this was one of her first roles.

So yeah, I really think they grabbed the perfect cast rather than just popular ones. We've got a couple of idols who are relatively new to acting, and some fairly unknown actors who are all rocking the chops. I hope this is a springboard for all of them, because they all deserve it. They did a really good job! Now I'm just going to sob in a corner while rewatching clips of it so I can sort out my feelings.