Monday, September 25, 2017

271. Strongest Deliveryman 최강 배달꾼 (2017) Korean

Go Kyung Pyo, Chae Soo Bin, Kim Sun Ho, Go Won Hee

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A

I'll admit it took me a couple of episodes to get into this, but maybe it's because I had just finished Golden Cross and was still stuck in snarky snarkville.  I didn't like how everyone was being mean to Kang Soo (Go Kyung Pyo) when he was literally the nicest person in the world.  But then they just didn't get it yet, and it wasn't too long before everyone loved him because he was literally the nicest person in the world.  I love the nice guy trend.  It worked really good for this one, especially when it was also a continuation of the fight corruption/evil conglomerates trend.  It seemed to start slow, but I think that was partially because they really wanted all the characters to grow, and I mean all of them.  It started all mixed up, with the two rich people liking the two poor people, or at least clinging to them as they taught them how to be people, but then everyone learned from everyone, and it was great.



I really just shipped all the couples, everyone was so cute!  I loved that all the love triangles were pretty limited, and it was just a bromance and womance, and friendship, and everyone liked everyone in a respectful friend way.  It was great.  When I think about how all the relationships started, with how rocky it all was at first, and how it ended up, it blows my mind a little, because there was so much growth.  But even when everyone was a jerk, I loved everyone.  Mad props to Kim Sun Ho for making me love him when he was an irresponsible jerk chaebol.  He was so unapologetic and bold that I just loved him.  Then when he actually tried to become a human, he just got even more adorable.  I loved it.

I loved all the flower boy delivery boys.  They were all cute and funny and awesome.  I was especially in love with "Angry Young Man" or Sung Jae, Kang Soo's hometown friend who just looked like he was angry all the time.  He's totally my style.  I think he has strangely attractive legs.  Seriously!  Every time he wore shorts, which was all the time, and especially when he was barefoot- whoo!  Can I just date him?  Totally my style.

The only thing I found hard was that one of the heaviest and hardest episodes to watch was the second to the last one.  I thought it was a little late in the game to be bringing us to the depths of despair, when everything was going wrong, but it more than made up for it.  Well, I could have used another episode's worth of cuteness to more than make up for it, but they did wrap everything up satisfactory.  I think it took the trend of fighting corruption and did it in a great, uplifting way that gave power to ordinary people.  It was pretty great to see.  I liked it pretty much the whole time.  It was well paced, cute, and fun.