Tuesday, January 24, 2017

235. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo 역도요정 김복주- (2016) Korean

Lee Sung Kyung, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kyung Soo Jin, Lee Jae Yoon

Drama Rating: 8/10     Neck Score: A-

I went into this show with low expectations, because it frankly looked stupid.  I loved it.  Not necessarily for the plot, although that was different enough to be cool.  What I loved was all the characters.  The Bok Joon Hyung couple might have been the cutest couple ever.  They were honest and cute, and they just didn't hide things and were super real.  They are both little spaz cakes, adorable ones.  I loved all their friends, I loved their families.  Everything was just delightful.  The only annoying part was those rhythm gymnasts who were overly bitca. At some parts I was annoyed that the 2nd female lead had too much screen time, that was too mopey and dramatic, but I even ended up liking her in the end.  It was just super fun the whole time.  We would get excited and call it Uri Bok Joo and look forward to it all week.  I just loved how ridiculous and fun everyone was.  Nam Joo Hyuk was a spastic ball of energy, he was so random and goofy that I loved him, bouncing off the walls.  He was the best.  Lee Sung Kyung was awesome and full of swag.  I liked all the other couples, the hyung and friend, the samcheon's romance, it was all cute and fun.  I can't say much against it, it was fun and great.