Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Norebang: Singing Kpop in the Shower

I actually sing karaoke in my living room too, but my day wouldn't be complete without me singing in the shower at the top of my lungs.  The acoustics are great, and I think no one else can hear me because of the water and the fan and all that, but really I just know they can hear me and I just don't care.


Here are some of my top songs sung in the shower.  Or at random times during the day.  Those catchy songs that get stuck in my head and just have to be sung no matter how actually good they are or how well I actually know the words.  They're just the songs I love to sing...

1. Fiction- BEAST

There is something about those songs with wailier choruses that make me want to sing them in the confined spaces that is the shower.  It's those acoustics, man, I love it!  This song is just perfect for it.

 
2. Best of Luck- Chen

This show... I just loved it, and a huge part of it was this song, which just got stuck in my head and made me superdy duper happy every time it played.  It wasn't long before I was singing along to it, and then even less time after that before it was heard at all hours of the day by me, bursting forth randomly into song.


3. Missing You- 2ne1

Sometimes you need a sadder sentimental song to echo in the shower.  I love this one, the harmony, the sentiment, and it still randomly is picked, even though it's been a while.  Plus girl power, I need to sing more girl songs.


4. Touch- Take One

This song... this show... I guess it will be the running joke for the rest of all time.  I know my non-kpop-loving roommate appreciates it when she wakes up to me singing this Saturday mornings in the shower... any any other time she needs a pick me up or just needs to be awkwarded out.  That is what this song is for.  Also, shouting out "You can touch! Be my girl!" is just fun no matter where you are.


Also, whoever made this video has a great sense of humor, because the first time I watched it I was busting out laughing, from the random creepy gifs to the perfectly placed image of No Min Woo's abs during the line "you can touch."  Thank you for that permission (winky face).

5. Severely- FT ISLAND

Oh Lee Hong Ki's voice.  I would listen to him singing anything, and then I would sing loudly along after a while because I love him that much.  Like I said earlier, those wailing songs are the best.  This one is almost cathartic to sing in the shower.



6. B.A.B.Y and/or Save Me- B.A.P

I love Daehyun's voice.  Also I just love all of B.A.P (especially Himchan and Yongguk!) and both of these songs just are so perfect to sing along to, especially considering my love for those wails.

B.A.B.Y


Save Me

 
7. Unstoppable Sun- Aaron Yan

 Aw... this song is so pretty.  I absolutely love this song and Aaron Yan.  I don't think I can say that enough.  I seriously have this whole song memorized (although my pronunciation is probably awful.  Oh well).  I know my roomies are sick of hearing it, or would be if they didn't also like the song and appreciate Aaron.


 There is an actual MV that came out for this, but they still haven't seemed to officially release it on YouTube, so... that's lame, but whatever.

8. Why Did I Fall In Love With You and/or Toki wo Tomete- DBSK

 Do I even need to say anything about these?  I love DBSK and JYJ and especially Kitty (Kim Jaejoong).  These songs are just so lovely that they get stuck in my head and then I sing them.  The End.

Why Did I Fall In Love With You?


I also really love their A Capella version of this one.  Talk about talent!

Toki wo Tomete


9. Only You- 4Men

This is one that I sing for realsies karaoke as well, it's that likeable, but then I love 4Men and their voices.  They make the best OSTs as far as I am concerned, and this OST was one of the best parts of Gu Family Book.  The other best part was Choi Jin Hyuk.  That man!  Rawr!  All he had to do was just stand there.

 
10. Crooked- G-Dragon

I always have G-Dragon stuck in my head, and I think that this is one of my favorites to sing, maybe because there is so much going on in this song.  I dunno.  It's one of my favorites period, so... yeah.  Hearts.


I obviously just sing the singy parts and not the rappy parts.  I'm not that good at faking it... although I do try.

You know what?  I probably sing this one just as much:

Window


11. Bad Boy- Big Bang

This was my favorite Big Bang song for the longest time, and I still love it, although I might have to reevaluate whether it's the absolute favorite or just one of them... you know how that is.


12. Eyes, Nose, Lips- Taeyang

This has to be the number one karaoke song of the year.  If it's not, it should be, because this song is awesome.  I listen to it too much, and all the other versions of it too, like the AKMU, Tablo, and Lydia Paek versions.  Yep, this song is just worth it.


13. Bagsit- JYJ

Also known as Back Seat, but that's definitely not the title.  I get Bagsit stuck in my head all the time, and before I know it, I'm singing it.  All someone has to do is say: "Pumba mumba bagsit" and it's in my head for the rest of the day.  Oh well.  I love you JYJ, but look what you're doing to me!


14. Top of the World- Big Bang

I thought I was done with this list, but then my roommates informed me of more that needed to be on this list, because they know better than me what I sing all the frickin' time at the top of my lungs.  They literally started singing along with all of them, instantly recognizing the tune when they had no idea about the title...

I absolutely love this song.  And I know that if they are telling me to put this on the list then it needs to me.  Lizabreff said she was expecting it the whole time, so... yeah.  "Walking on the top of the word, word, top top top of the word, word..."



There was also a strong argument for Tell Me Goodbye and Number 1... so yeah.  Those ones could potentially be on this list too.


These are not the only songs I sing... probably... I tried to find the ones that I sing the most.  The ones that I sing so much that my friends and roomies might be sick of them... or they have them memorized too and just sing along.  It depends on the day.  But don't we all have songs like that?  I sure do.  But then I just love singing in the shower, karaoke, and just kpop in general.  So I don't brood in the shower often, I karaoke it up.