Wednesday, January 8, 2014

77. The Prime Minister and I 총리와 나 (2013-2014) Korean

Lee Beom Soo, Im Yoona, Yoon Si Yoon, Chae Jung Ah

Drama Rating: 5/10     Neck Score: B

I watched this for Yoon Si Yoon.  I've basically watched every show he's been in, despite everything.  This one, however, wasn't so bad.  I was actually looking for something really lighthearted since I just went through a couple of heavy types.  This one certainly is that way... at first.  Also it helped recover my impression of Yoona after the Love Rain disaster to I'd be fine with her dating Lee Seung Gi.  She definitely had more chemistry with Lee Beom Soo than Jang Geun Suk, but still more with Yoon Si Yoon (after all, Lee Beom Soo is almost old enough to be her father... almost but not quite).  However, this show really isn't written that well.  The basic plot is silly at best.  Contract marriage to stop a scandal for a newly elected prime minister?  Please.  That's just dumb.  It's actually got a bit of a Sound of Music type deal going on with it, with the grumpy/stern prime minister being a Captain Von Trapp type deal and the reporter being our Maria.  There are three adorable kids and the mystery of the dead wife.  Yoon Si Yoon may or may not be a good guy, he seems to have his own agenda, but he's darn cute either way.  So it starts off good, but then gets a little lame and stupidly dramatic, and the ending was super lame.  Still, it wasn't the worst drama, and it did lead me to appreciate Lee Beom Soo.  Most of the stupid drama resolved itself well, so that is something.